Pre/Post-Workout Eating

2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    I work out in the evenings around 8PM and usually have not eaten since probably 1pm.....is that bad? I do about 40 min cardio and then have dinner around 9:15.

Will I burn more efficiantly if I eat something before the cardio?
    7 hours with no food.................not good. You will catabolize muscle that way.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    What are you guys eating pre-workout? Today I spread a tbsp of peanut butter on a multi-grain roll, but I felt a little icky. And my electricity went out mid-workout, so it's been an off day for me.
  • Sally_W88
    Sally_W88 Posts: 1
    I usually wait around 1 and a half to 2 hours after eating breakfast (branflakes 30g) and a banana around 30 mins before doing my exercises. If you eat too close to when you begin working out, whatever you eat can sit heavily on your stomach and make it unenjoyable. I'm going on holiday at the end of August and basically want to tone up all the wobbley bits as I am not particularily overweight, my aim is just to tone.

I love snacking through out the day so i've swapped all the tasty fatty things for go ahead fruit bars, snack a jacks, light rich tea biscuits and brown toast with weight watchers jam. and dinners usually consist of WW soup and their meals which are really tasty. After a month of doing 30 mins of exercises 4 times a week and 60 sit ups 4 times a week i am quickly seeing a difference with toning up. At a weekend i do faulter and have pizza and all things that arent good for me but sometimes it is OK to treat yourself as long as you get back to your regualr exercises during the week as otherwise you'll put to much pressure on yourself.

Good luck with everything!
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    I workout in the evenings, about 2 hours after dinner, which allows me to have my 6th and final meal (protein shake) immediately after my workout.

Cheers!