Hello from Mt. Prospect, IL!!!

Options
Hello all,

My name is Heather, and I'm new to this website. I recently moved to Illinois from California, where I had only been living for 1.5 years after moving from MI. All these life changes have left me with a very unhealthy and unfit lifestyle. It's time for a change! I'm beginning to work out more, trying to change my eating habits, and decided to sign up here for some assistance in tracking my food (not to mention the added bonus of extra motivation!). I'm hoping to get some friends signed up on here so we can all motivate one another. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to toss a few my way! I'm looking forward to becoming a happier, healthier, more fit version of my current self.

Replies

• orangestarr05
    orangestarr05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

My name is Heather, and I'm new to this website. I recently moved to Illinois from California, where I had only been living for 1.5 years after moving from MI. All these life changes have left me with a very unhealthy and unfit lifestyle. It's time for a change! I'm beginning to work out more, trying to change my eating habits, and decided to sign up here for some assistance in tracking my food (not to mention the added bonus of extra motivation!). I'm hoping to get some friends signed up on here so we can all motivate one another. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to toss a few my way! I'm looking forward to becoming a happier, healthier, more fit version of my current self.
  • fortiter00
    fortiter00 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I totally understand how moving affects our lives...I had a lot of that going on myself. I think since March I have been in 23 states. Welcome and hopefully we can help you stay motivated and you can help us.
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I actually lived in Mt. Prospect for a few years when I was growing up.(I think Old Willow Falls Rd?) Good thing you didn't live in CA too long or you might have forgotten what a real winter feels like! I've only been on the site for a few weeks, but so far I have found it very encouraging and easy to follow (plus losing 5 lbs didn't hurt either). I have found I already feel better about myself, even though I am bigger than I have ever been...because I feel empowered now. I can see by charting my foods that I am making the choices to eat junk or eat better. I hope you have the same experience here. Best wishes for steady weight loss!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome. i love new friends.. Just stick around and you will succeed.. GOOD LUCK GIRLY!
  • titans6us
    Options
    Welcome! Where in Michigan did you grow up?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi from downstate, IL... near Bloomington! :bigsmile: You'll love it here at MFP!

Jess
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I live in Belleville, IL (about 15 mins from St Louis, MO) Welcome to MFP!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I live in Belleville, IL (about 15 mins from St Louis, MO) Welcome to MFP!

I know Belleville well! I'll be close to you on the 23rd, we're flying to TX out of Lambert! :wink:
  • orangestarr05
    orangestarr05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Oakland County, in Waterford Township. Are you from MI, as well?