challange to fit into a dress for a wedding!

Options
so, i joined cause i wanted to make sure i wasnt over eating and such cause i was started to put on weight. i managed to lose a few pounds and began to neglect the site.
then i went on holiday and put on about half a stone and now i dont fit into a dress I bought to wear to a wedding no longer fits!
i weighed in last week at 141 lbs (up from 134lbs in april) I'm 21 years old and im 5ft3 :)
I'd like to go back to about 125 lbs :) i know i wont lose it all buy end of august but about 7-14 lbs would be enough!

Im Just getting over a tummy bug some im going to use the opportunity or easing my body back to food to not go back to as much food as i was eating before (crap food, large portions!) starting tomorrow haha cause im still feeling rough today!

Replies

• Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Without putting yourself in danger, you can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week, when you do it right. So you should be able to make your goal. Just don't crash diet--that will make it worse and you'll risk a rebound right after the wedding.

Shrink your portions, and get out and walk at least 30 minutes every day (it works as well if you walk 10 minutes three times a day as it does if you walk 30 minutes all at once). Get some more intense cardio three times a week (running, dancing, Zumba, spinning, whatever you enjoy), also for at least 30 minutes. Do some strength training twice a week so your body will build muscle, which burns more calories.

You can do it!
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    definitly doable! but you will have to work out almost everyday, and eat healthy, IT IS HARD WORK!! I lost 7 lbs in 55-60 days, that's a lil over a month, but let me tell you, I really busted my butt, so if you want to see results GO AT IT HARD AND STAY STRONG! Good luck to ya!
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Without putting yourself in danger, you can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week, when you do it right. So you should be able to make your goal. Just don't crash diet--that will make it worse and you'll risk a rebound right after the wedding.

Shrink your portions, and get out and walk at least 30 minutes every day (it works as well if you walk 10 minutes three times a day as it does if you walk 30 minutes all at once). Get some more intense cardio three times a week (running, dancing, Zumba, spinning, whatever you enjoy), also for at least 30 minutes. Do some strength training twice a week so your body will build muscle, which burns more calories.

You can do it!

Like she said smaller portions! I ustue eat like a beast!! LOL so start by smaller portions, and then work your way through eathing things that might not be needed for example mayo on a sandwich, I no longer eat mayo, I just put mustard instead! :) you can do it! woohoo!
  • i only ever have lowfat mayo/salad cream etc but i dont eat the stuff that often!
    i need to be more prepared and eat fruit and stuff instead of eating convinience food.

i have zumba/cardio workout/wii fit and plus/dance workout for my wii
    so have been clearing a space to i can break them back out,
    i used to work for over half an hour everyday before i dropped outof uni too (going back in sept)

i dont want to crash diet i know the dangers

the portion control is hard, especially as im trying to fatten up my other half... he weighed about 15/16 stone when i met him in 2008 he's 23 now and 6ft 3. he now weighs 13 stone or under, hes too skinny, his hip bones poke out loads and you can see his ribs but he gets annoyed and tells me to stop going on at him and stuff, his family have noticed too..he doesnt eat enough during the day. and cycling 8 miles to and then 8 miles from work everyday doesnt help!
    im trying to eat what i want of my dinner (the smaller portion) and getting him to eat the rest but somedays i just dont have the self control to not eat it all!!!

i dont fit into any of my clothes from last summer, its so depressing! i hate all of my holiday photo's from this year...hopefully the mini holiday in sept will produce some better photo's! and my (motorbike) leathers i bought at christmas time are extremly tight now :( i cant get to fat for those they were very expensive!!!