Hell Run

Options
I am signed up for the Hell Run in Seattle October 1st. I want to start doing some training for it now. Any suggestions? How do you properly train for a 3.25 mile obstacle course? I am not in the best of shape now but have been working on my fitness and exercise for 70 days now!! I am using this Hell Run as a motivator and plan to start today. Any suggestions would be awesome and greatly appreciated. You can check out the hell run info at http://www.hellrun.com/

Replies

• beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you have a gym membership i would see if they have a bootcamp class...and add that to your running regimen. Also, if you are able it would be helpful to run and scout the course beforehand. have fun! obstacle races are the best!

LOL my pic is from the Las Vegas Mad Mud Run. It was my first obstacle race and my fave race i have done yet!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    do you have one of those parks around with the training stations? I think maybe that would help. add some jumping over stuff, pushups, abs, etc. I would think the more able you are to fastly get up and down off the ground would help. :)
  • Beeger79
    Beeger79 Posts: 7
    Options
    RunnersWorld.com will have lots of great information for you if you'd care to log on. They're great! Good luck on your Run! :)