Anyone wanna be a friend to a guy with an Eating Disorder???

Changed the title....

original post - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299795-anyone-wanna-be-a-friend-to-a-guy-with-an-ed

As pointed out ED could mean Erectile Dysfunction...

I honestly didnt see that!!

I have an ED (eating disorder..)

who else is out there that would link up for support and help??

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I'd love to be your friend and offer support. What kind of eating disorder do you have?
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    of course and as swhitney2 asked, what kind?
  • JWGF01
    JWGF01 Posts: 59
    Ah thanks.. =]

was diagnosed last month with Bulimia Nervosa... =[
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Everyone here is friends :D That's what I like about this site!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    LOL, what a good sport you are. Laughed at the last blog. We are all friends here. Cheers to you!
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    of course I'll be your friend! i used to have an ED too and it is hard not to think of your body and what goes into it in an unhealthy way. ask me any questions you want, and i will support you in your journey towards health and balance of course
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member
    Hi there - for about 15 years I have suffered from Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) which has lead to 'social phobia' and stems from a fear of being judged by others - I believe that people judge me and think what a fat mare for eating that sandwich.
  • SherryLynn82
    SherryLynn82 Posts: 69 Member
    I think a lot of us on here have struggled with eating disorders in the past and are now trying to find healthy ways to accomplish the same thing. It's a lot slower, but in the long run, much better us and there is that whole staying alive thing...that's kind of a plus!
  • JWGF01
    Hi there - for about 15 years I have suffered from Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) which has lead to 'social phobia' and stems from a fear of being judged by others - I believe that people judge me and think what a fat mare for eating that sandwich.

can understand that!!!! i get very paranoid in social situations..... it's very hard being out in the open... currently signed off work sick... =/

but yeah... thank you..
  • Baileys83

can understand that!!!! i get very paranoid in social situations..... it's very hard being out in the open... currently signed off work sick... =/

but yeah... thank you..

It takes time and support from others - I usually just have a coffee when out with my kids for lunch. It's not something that you can 'just get over' like people with no knowledge may suggest :)
  • JWGF01
    yeah i hate it when people say 'grow up', 'get over it', ...

yeah i eat chewing gum in between meals and drink loads of coffee
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    There are many of us here... feel free to add me. Right now I am really struggling. I hope that you are doing alright :-)
    Not many poeple in my life know that I am not doing so hot right now. It will be ok. My therapist and psychologist are thinking about IP for a while. To get me back eating. I have been IP before so it will be alright... I just gotta get back to eating
  • Baileys83
    I think it is very hard for people who don't have it or don't have dealings with it to understand, after all, eating and drinking is basic survival techniques that we are born with.
  • JWGF01
    I think it is very hard for people who don't have it or don't have dealings with it to understand, after all, eating and drinking is basic survival techniques that we are born with.

yup!!! and the thoughts about food are all learned... every thing on tv is skinny this and skinny that...

skinny is what is considered cool...

and the way to get there is by not eating....

horrible road
  • Baileys83
    It's a hard road to come off but I believe (even though I have't got there yet) that it is possible to walk a different path - it just takes time and a hell of a lot of suport
  • JWGF01
    yup!!!! glad ive found all you guys!!!!! =]

man just thinking about getting better makes me feel sick...
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Of course! ED sufferers deserve lots of support and love x