Satisfying protien suggestions

Replies

• marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    eggs are pretty filling. I usually eat egg substitute, but both are good protein sources, virtually no carbs, and full of protein. Greek yogurt is really good too, especially with fruit. I like eating tuna and laughing cow sandwiches on either a pita pocket or bagel thins. It sounds a bit weird, but it's really good. Sometimes when I make smoothies I add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to it.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    FISH, Egg whites, turkey. I go over on my protein everyday, probably not a good thing.

The default is way off in my opinoin ... I changed mine to 45% protein, 25% carbs, 30% fat

If I ate as many carbs as they say to eat... I'd feel blah and gross 24/7 --
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Grilled chicken breast seasoned of a salad is so good. I liek to make a protein smoothie by freezing all my fruit and it turns into a milk shake almost.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    I was wondering about the protein as well....I am pescatarian so I need to make sure that I am getting enough protein, but my diary says that I go over a lot. How do you change it?
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Go to goals > choose custom, and change the % assigned to the macros. I have mine set at 40p/30f/30c, which works well.
  • Hardboiled eggs and tuna!

Yes! I keep forgetting about hard boiled eggs and I do love tuna and eat it often! thank you.
  • You can use all sorts of marinades for chicken. It is good sweet, sour, spicy and fruity. Some combinations we have tried that were very good - canned peaches, soy and cinnamon, pineapple, grapefruit, lemon, hot sauce. Marinading in any of these items will give your chicken very different flavors, and can be very satisfying. You can eat the chicken with roasted fruits and veggies.

Yum Yum and yum!!!! Thank you!
  • I absolutely love EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes. The rich dark chocolate shake is so yummy and satisfies my chocolate cravings every time.

OMG this sounds yummy. Wal-Mart or ?
  • I like greek yogurt
    Sardines fill me up for hours (no they are not crazy fishy or salty lol)
    EAS chocolate protein powder with yerba Psyllium fiber mixed in
    Tilapia fillets
    Yummah yummah! =)

Yum thanks! I can't say I have ever really tried sardines. Do you eat them right out of the can or?

Where do you get the EAS from?
  • BUMP :smile:

What is BUMP?
  • TRUK
    TRUK Posts: 12
    I recently just found a butcher shop that sells grass feed bufflo. I bought steaks and ground meat and they taste great not much different than beef and much leaner.

Also don't forget about flank steaks
  • Oh and check out Kashi GoLean high fiber and protein cereal! 140 calories and 13 g protein.

Yes, I forgot about that, thank you.
  • Morningstar California Turk'y Burgers and a Hard Boiled Egg on lettuce with Braggs Aminos

What is Braggs Aminos? Thank you.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Carbs are just not my friend. I need to find protien that is both satisfying and filling. I do eat natural peanut butter. I like low fat cottage cheese but try not to do much dairy. I like nuts but find they aren't as satisfying as I would like them to be. Please share any protien suggestions. I am going to try a protien shake or two and see how that works out. Thank you in advance.

When you say carbs are not your friend, do you mean from a weight loss standpoint or digestion? If it's digestion, have you tried gluten free carbs to see if that helps?

For protein I usually go for soy (soy milk, tofu, edamame, dry roasted), dried beans (so versatile!), fish, lean chicken or pork, and occasionally lean steak. Also, nuts, but you already mentioned those, and low fat cheese in moderation.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Oh and check out Kashi GoLean high fiber and protein cereal! 140 calories and 13 g protein.

yup love this stuff!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Fat free Greek yogurt is my new best friend. The process of making yogurt removes most of the lactose and it's really high in protein: 18 grams of protein for a 6 oz. serving with 100 calories. And it's so versatile!

Ooo...what brand??

Fage. Costco carries it in the 4 cup container for about $5.
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Fat free Greek yogurt is my new best friend. The process of making yogurt removes most of the lactose and it's really high in protein: 18 grams of protein for a 6 oz. serving with 100 calories. And it's so versatile!

Ooo...what brand??

Fage. Costco carries it in the 4 cup container for about $5.

THANKS
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Hummus with raw veggies.
  • I have a very high protein diet and lower carbs... Here aer some things I am never without:

1. Fage 0% greek yogurt --- I sometimes clean out the shelves at target for this stuff. Trader Joe's 0% is good too. It makes a great sour cream substitute for dips etc --- but i like it sweet! You can add a zillion different things... I use truvia or agave to sweeten, walnut, chia/flax seed, sugar-free pudding mixes for flavor, coffee creamer flavors to thin it, banana pudding mix + PB2 (powdered peanut butter), differeny protein powders, tiny bits of jello mix, pumpkin puree/cinnamin/nutmeg --- if you get the good greek yogurt, its easily 15-25g of protein in a cup and very little sugar -- and its quite filling.

2. Rotisserie chicken or turkey pot roast - i'm lazy! The supermarket makes these and I always have one in the fridge. If I get the urge to snack, I snack on chicken..its easy and I don't have to cook and its good col.

3. Shrimp -- I could live on shrimp -- grilled, baked, broiled, cold... make it into salad, put it in curry, toss over quinoa -- yum

4. Veggie puree -- while this isn't really protein, its a great way to get your veggies and makes a perfect dip for meats/seafood. If you use beans, you're even getting protein!

5. Beans, quinoa, eggs

6. Lots of protein shakes! I am a huge coffee fan so i mix chocolate protein with decaf coffee and a scoop of click espresso protein and silk almond milk (35 cals a cup) and lots of ice in a blender bottle.

Yum. Thanks for taking the time to write all of these tips. I will use them. What kind of beans would you use in your veggie puree? I have a veggie juice (fresh) every day. I would like to use more beans but dont know much about how to use them. Thank you.
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    I randomly saw someone post something about it on these forums and I tried it and loved it.

Tuna (or chicken, or egg, or etc...) Salad:
    - 1 can tuna (as low sodium as possible) drained
    - 4 tbsp Hummus of your choice
    - Dash of salt, pepper, or other spices of your choosing
    - 1 tsp of worchestershire (I have no idea how to spell it) sauce
    - 1 tsp olive oil

(Replace tuna with eggs or chicken or both or neither or all)

For me it yielded:
    280 calories
    18 grams of fat
    26 grams of protein
    8 grams of carbs
    2 grams of fiber
    600 mg of sodium

I have been putting it on a bagel but you could use it as a dip or put it on whatever you want.
This discussion has been closed.