What's your desire today?

Options
A friend of mine does this every day on her FB page. What a great way to be self-motivating!

It's Tuesday, and I desire: patience to deal with a brilliant and precocious 8 year old that chose to stay home for his computer, stamina to work out again after last night's burn, green things to give my home life beyond chaos and diligence to get my work done.

Replies

• krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea.

My desire for today is to force myself to take a break from working out and not feel bad or guilty for doing it.
  • SDH15
    SDH15 Posts: 35
    Options
    When I read "desire" in the title, I thought we were talking about what foods we wanted to eat today. As I clicked into this thread I was already mentally preparing to write a long post about my favorite sushi combo until I read what this was actually about. So instead of sushi, ill change my answer to patience - yeh, patience is good : )
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    When I read "desire" in the title, I thought we were talking about what foods we wanted to eat today. As I clicked into this thread I was already mentally preparing to write a long post about my favorite sushi combo until I read what this was actually about. So instead of sushi, ill change my answer to patience - yeh, patience is good : )

I love sushi!
  • PediDocChicago
    PediDocChicago Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mine is to make 20 minutes to exercise today... in the middle of a 36 hour shift thats not always easy... but really, 20 minutes of free time is there, I just have to grab it!
  • Sarw27
    Sarw27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I desire a good kickboxing workout tonight and a big *kitten* steak shish kabob for dinner! I also desire a phone call with my best friend, because we don't live close and it's been a while.
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    For my desire today is to complete my calorie and exercise goals so that I can end my day saying "YES, you CAN do this and you are one day closer to your goal!!" :love:
  • carisatterwhite
    carisatterwhite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My desire is to be proud of myself that I am working hard and to not be discouraged when my scale mocks me.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    My desire for today is to...

TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My desire is to make it through the work day without losing my *kitten*, to show more love and patience towards my little grumpy pants 5 year old and to enjoy the h3ll out of my Zumba class tonight.
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Patience to deal with the VA clinic, and VA hospital today.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    My desire is that I make it home today - I put my last $7 in my tank this morning to make it to work. I live almost 30 miles away from my job.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My desire is to stay in control and stay below my calorie goal. I need to stay in shape for my up coming vacation.
  • chelseajillian5
    Options
    My desire today is to not feel so tired, to get up and do something after work instead of just sit and do nothing!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I desire complete satisfaction in my own life.... in my own skin

(simple enough, right?)
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I desire complete satisfaction in my own life.... in my own skin

(simple enough, right?)

LOL@Lizzy - you can get it, but it's easier if you take it day by day. :) So TODAY, what you desire MOST is/are...?