Daylight Savings Time

Options
jimswmn
jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
I HATE daylight savings time. My hubby works till 4 and the sun sets at 5:10. He came out of work today and I said, daylights burning ,we only have an hour and 10 minutes. I prefer working out with him because I have to keep up with him. Better work out for me. Help I'm addicted to working out outside and winters coming. :noway:

Replies

• jimswmn
    Options
    I HATE daylight savings time. My hubby works till 4 and the sun sets at 5:10. He came out of work today and I said, daylights burning ,we only have an hour and 10 minutes. I prefer working out with him because I have to keep up with him. Better work out for me. Help I'm addicted to working out outside and winters coming. :noway:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I hate it too. It just makes my day feel so short. I prefer being outside as well. I really don't like being in the gym.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    It is really freaking me out to walk out of the gym into a pitch black night. :noway:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Personally I love it because I don't feel like such a pathetic loser going to bed at 7 since it's totally black outside then. Just one of the pitfalls of growing old, can't stay up past 9 anymore. :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    ho men .. you think 5 oclock is early ??

try .. the street light go on at 3 30 here.. scotland is so much more north then what im used too.. and its not the worst yet !!!!!!!!! by xmas it will be 2 30 when it get dark... sun gets up at 8 30 .. so.. that leaves me with a a whole 6 hours of daylight !!!!!!!!!!

and it the summer is its has bad.. because the sun sets at 11 at night.. when your trying to sleep because you work in the morning and its still blazing sunny out.. it just sucks.. and to be honest.. the sun doesnt really set totaly .. it always stay pinkish at the horizon..

i hear nobody complain about it here but myself . lol.. so they must be used to it...

i really dunno how those people do it.. the ones that live northern canada or russias that gets 6 months of darknest fallowed by 6 months of daylight. i been to northern yukon in the summer...its drove me nuts.. we were camping.. cant shut the blinds .lol..

thats all i have to say about this . lol
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    ho men .. you think 5 oclock is early ??

try .. the street light go on at 3 30 here.. scotland is so much more north then what im used too.. and its not the worst yet !!!!!!!!! by xmas it will be 2 30 when it get dark... sun gets up at 8 30 .. so.. that leaves me with a a whole 6 hours of daylight !!!!!!!!!!

and it the summer is its has bad.. because the sun sets at 11 at night.. when your trying to sleep because you work in the morning and its still blazing sunny out.. it just sucks.. and to be honest.. the sun doesnt really set totaly .. it always stay pinkish at the horizon..

i hear nobody complain about it here but myself . lol.. so they must be used to it...

i really dunno how those people do it.. the ones that live northern canada or russias that gets 6 months of darknest fallowed by 6 months of daylight. i been to northern yukon in the summer...its drove me nuts.. we were camping.. cant shut the blinds .lol..

thats all i have to say about this . lol

WOW. If my sunset was at 2:30p..... well, I won't go into any exaggerations, but just say that I'd have to move. I couldn't handle it.

The sunsets here before I leave work at 5p, and by the time I make it to daycare and get home with the kiddo, it's a little before 6p and pitch black.

The darkness and cold just makes me appreciate spring and summer all the more!!
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I wish they would just leave well enough alone!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    If you hate daylight savings time, you should be thrilled right now. As we just switched OFF daylight savings time and we are now on standard time.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    The darkness is already killing me and it just started! It's dark here around 4:30 and it makes me want to cry. I can still walk at night, because I have a big dog and I keep to the lit streets, but seriously! I'll have to start tanning just to get vitamin D soon...oh the joys of living in Canada.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,835 Member
    Options
    HATE IT!!! :s Wake up in the dark and dark when work is over! You feel like you should be in bed by 7! The Farmer's no longer care about it and I think it should be eliminated!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    The darkness and cold just makes me appreciate spring and summer all the more!!

Same here. Walked out of a store at 6pm last night and it was cold, dark and extremely depressing,
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Follow_me wrote: »
    MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    The only thing it changes for me is that I have to ride my bike inside on the trainer vs outside on the road because of the dark (and in a few weeks, snow). I still run outside in the dark and snow (I make sure to wear hi-vis clothes with a ton of reflectives and lights/blinkies - I probably look like a christmas tree LOL). :)
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Eh don't mind it-- we don't do daylight savings time here- so never really changes lol

:)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I think they ought to just split the difference. Move it forward or back 30 minutes and quit screwing around with it. There may have been some validity in 1916 when it was first implemented, but it's just an irritation now.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Follow_me wrote: »
    MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg
    I concur

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Urgh. That is all I have to say on the matter.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Personally I love it because I don't feel like such a pathetic loser going to bed at 7 since it's totally black outside then. Just one of the pitfalls of growing old, can't stay up past 9 anymore. :laugh:

You and me both! LOL!