Food Scale

Options
This is my second Taylor kitchen scale to malfunction within a few months. Although, they are sending a third one, I have no faith in this company products anymore. Does anyone have a scale that has lasted longer than a year? Brand/model/price/online or in-store purchase?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I picked up a Starfrit Slim Glass Kitchen Scale for 10 bucks regular price 30$ 2 months ago. I wouldnt really know if it is accurate because i dont have anything else to compare. I like it though.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i have NO idea what brand mine is, but i got it at one of those kitchen stores that are in the mall. it was only 20 bucks and has lasted me over a year. it does grams and also oz.
  • Jrh2os
    Jrh2os Posts: 28
    Options
    I've had an Escali P115 chrome scale for over 2 years and it still works great. It's about $25 on amazon.
  • vibrant80
    vibrant80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a boring, low-tech spring scale. Had it for 5+ years, two moves, recalibrate to zero with the twist of a dial. Love it.
  • kidzpastorlynn
    Options
    I have a great and extremely accurate little scale that's for a reasonable price. It's called an Escali Primo digital scale. I got it on amazon. It has tons of great reviews. It tares to zero and weighs in grams, ounces and pounds. It can even go into negative numbers, so you can weigh by taking away food from a container as well as adding to the scale. Here is the link... http://www.amazon.com/Escali-Primo-Digital-Scale-Warm/dp/B0007GAX04 Hope this helps you.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    my weigh ultra ship- ultra 35

I LOVE this scale because it weighs in grams and ounces.

I use it for baking because it's easier and more accurate to weigh than to measure.

I also use it for my own portions of food.

I also use it for making soap to weigh the lye and oils (I cover it in plastic first though because I don't want to contaminate something with lye that I use for food) so it's accurate for measuring just a few ounces of lye or several pounds of oils.

This scale has served me very well for four years, but it wasn't cheap. I think I paid fifty bucks for it.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I bought one from Walmart that was about $20 I think. It's digital and does grams, ounces, kg... It can be reset to zero once you put a plate or something on it. I haven't had any problems with it in the few months I've had it, though the low battery light has come on. I've got my new battery ready, but the old one is still going even with the light on.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't remember what brand mine is but it's digital, weighs items up to 14 pounds and has a tare function as well as measuring in both grams and ounces. I bought it at Bed, Bath and Beyond about 8 years ago and it's never failed me. I know I didn't pay more than about $20 for it but it probably costs a little more now. I'll check it when I get home and let you know.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I have been looking into food scales as well...great suggestions!
  • krishmk
    krishmk Posts: 3
    Options
    we got the "Biggest loser" scale from Bed Bath and Beyond and it is accurate to the nearest gram. I love it and wouldnt survive a day without it. It is around $20 and should cost $15 after the coupon discount.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    I got a cheap one from Target for $5. They were some digital ones there as well.