Zuchinni Bugers?

Options
Does anyone have a good, simple recipe for zuchinni burgers?

Replies

• laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    sorry, I don't have one....but I can't wait to see what people come up with!
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Bugers :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    sorry, I don't have one....but I can't wait to see what people come up with!

Me too, sounds great.
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have one for zucchini 'crab' cakes which is totally not what you asked but it's very good. Ignore the following if you're not interested, I won't be offended. :)

2 cups shredded raw zucchini
    1 cup Italian bread crumbs
    1 shredded small onion
    1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
    2 Tbsp mayo
    1 egg

Mix all together in a bowl until everything is well combined. Form into patties and coat with extra bread crumbs. I fry them in a small amount of oil until golden brown on both sides and then drain on a paper towels to get the extra oil off.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Such a good idea!! That would be a great thing to do with extra zucchini!! I just found this one online in google. Now I can't wait to see what others have to share!!

http://bethsjourney.com/new-recipe-zucchini-burgers/

Edit: oops! someone else beat me to it!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    The one that I have used in years past is heavy on the bread crumbs and (ironically) pretty low on zucchini, so I'm curious to hear what other people say.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have one for zucchini 'crab' cakes which is totally not what you asked but it's very good. Ignore the following if you're not interested, I won't be offended. :)

2 cups shredded raw zucchini
    1 cup Italian bread crumbs
    1 shredded small onion
    1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
    2 Tbsp mayo
    1 egg

Mix all together in a bowl until everything is well combined. Form into patties and coat with extra bread crumbs. I fry them in a small amount of oil until golden brown on both sides and then drain on a paper towels to get the extra oil off.

Mmm! That may not have been what she was looking for, but that may very well be on MY plate tonight! Thanks for sharing!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    what about just grilled seasoned thickly sliced zucchini on a bun?
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Such a good idea!! That would be a great thing to do with extra zucchini!! I just found this one online in google. Now I can't wait to see what others have to share!!

http://bethsjourney.com/new-recipe-zucchini-burgers/

Edit: oops! someone else beat me to it!

this looks amazing.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Those Zucchini and Quinoa burgers sound fantastic, here's the recipe -

Quinoa Zucchini Burgers
    Quinoa is spiced with shallots and red pepper, then cooked with Portobello mushrooms and shredded zucchini. If zucchini is out of season, try incorporating shredded carrots or bell peppers for a different take on these innovative burgers. This recipe comes to us from Cathy of A Life Less Sweet.

Serves 15

2 portobello mushrooms (8 ounces), stems removed
    1 small zucchini
    2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
    1/4 cup shallot, minced
    or
    1/4 cup mixed onion & garlic, minced
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
    3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed & cooked to package directions
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 large egg, beaten
    1 cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
    1/2 cup oats, pulsed in a food processor until ground
    or
    an additional 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
    15 hamburger buns or rolls, toasted
    Chop the Portobello mushrooms into 1” pieces. Pulse the mushrooms pieces in a food processor until finely diced. Shred the zucchini and squeeze out excess moisture with a paper towel. Place the chopped mushrooms and shredded zucchini into a bowl and set aside.

Place 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the shallot or garlic onion mixture and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the shallot begins to soften.

Add the mushrooms and zucchini to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, cooked quinoa and salt. Let cool completely.

Stir the egg, breadcrumbs and oats, if using, into the quinoa zucchini mixture. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until cold and firm.

When quinoa zucchini mixture has chilled, shape into small patties of preferred size, between 1/4’’ and 1/2’’ thick.

Place the remaining tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When mixture is hot, place the quinoa patties into the skillet in an even layer. You may have to cook them in batches or use 2 skillets.

Cook the quinoa patties for about 3 minutes on each side, or until they are crispy on the outside and cooked through.

Serve each quinoa zucchini burgers on a toasted bun with a side of blanched green beans. Enjoy!
  • tangoterry
    tangoterry Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The main ingredient in these burgers isn't zucchini, but have zucchini in them. I haven't made these yet, but plan to soon.

http://greenlitebites.com/2011/06/03/bacon-cheese-inside-out-turkey-burgers/
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    yummy!
  • kault
    kault Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That sounds good! I will have to try them. Thanks
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have tons of zuchinni at home. Bump for later.
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    Thanks SO much! All these ideas/recipes sound AMAZING! I love love love zuchinni so I'm looking for new and different ways to use it! Thanks again!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump need to no too!!!