A Delicious 245 Calorie Lunch

Options
finallychelle
finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
tumblr_loybdezOCI1qf7n0mo1_500.jpg

This SIMPLE recipe consists of a 4-1/2 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast and 1-1/2 medium sized yellow squash simmered to perfection in a blend of the following three ingredients (and a little water):

tumblr_loy94enHI51qf7n0mo1_500.jpg

I blended the same ingredients (4 parts salsa, 1 or 2 parts Mojo and 1 part soy sauce), heated it in the microwave and topped the finished product before sprinkling on a little McCormicks Perfect Pinch Salt-free Garlic and Herb seasoning and some parsley.

The Badia Mojo (Criollo) has zero calories per serving and the salsa and soy sauce have nearly zero. The Mojo adds a citrus-y flavor to the salsa and the soy sauce gives a wonderful Asian finish.

It will make your mouth sing!

If you want to make this meal even more filling, feel free to add lots of fresh bean sprouts or some tofu shirataki noodles to the pan, as well, and let them simmer in the delicious flavors along with the squash and chicken.

Replies

• froggy1057
    froggy1057 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Looks and sounds delish. I'm going to try it. I have zuchinni just about ready to pick!
  • Monika135
    Monika135 Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm definitely going to add those Shirataki Noodles! I can't get enough of them since your last recipe....
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    You have any recipes for cabbage besides fried?? I love cabbage and wondering how to fix it with out frying.
  • Tonyajangel
    Options
    sounds wonderful, I love your flavorful recipes!
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This looks great! I love yellow squash (we grow it) and always have some on hand. I'm not familiar with the Mojo Sauce, however. Where can it be found and is it high in sodium? Thanks!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    That looks yummy! Will certainly give it a try!
  • benzgirl1
    Options
    Hello, you can steam your cabbage. Cut it up in medium sized strips approximately 4x4 or small. Put about a 1 1/2 cups of water in a boiler. Place the cabbage in the water and a small onion cut up. You can add 2 tablespoons of canoli oil and some salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 20 minutes on medium to low heat.
    This is delicious! Try it!
  • phard53
    phard53 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tapbill
    tapbill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    put small amount of olive oil in fry pan, add cut up cabbage, green pepper , salt and pepper and lots of garlic powder. add chicken broth just to keep from sticking and put lid on it. stir it to keep from burning. I like mine kind of crunchy, so it cooks quickly, but you can cook longer if needed.
  • mixedcurls826
    Options
    I think i will try this one out
  • carlisle19
    carlisle19 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yummy
  • katiedidd66
    katiedidd66 Posts: 77
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    Looks delicious! :D
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Looks great !!!

Must try :bigsmile:
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thank You this is a great page with recipes I need.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    put small amount of olive oil in fry pan, add cut up cabbage, green pepper , salt and pepper and lots of garlic powder. add chicken broth just to keep from sticking and put lid on it. stir it to keep from burning. I like mine kind of crunchy, so it cooks quickly, but you can cook longer if needed.

I love cabbage and this sounds good. I am going to have this for lunch today. Thank You.
  • madmama40
    madmama40 Posts: 42
    Options
    bump
  • mzchoize
    mzchoize Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • amberlitaaa
    Options
    bump
  • Samantha2118