Birthday Cake recipe?

Options
lkm28
lkm28 Posts: 17 Member
Does anyone have a good low fat or weight watchers type recipe for a birthday cake? I am going to be making my friend a cake for her birthday and she's lost a bunch of weight doing weight watchers and I know she won't want any unless its somewhat diet! Couldn't hurt me either since I'm also trying to count cals! :tongue:

Replies

• AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You should try the Diet Soda Cake. It's one box of regular cake mix with one can of diet soda. I usually combine lemon cake with Sprite Zero. I've heard dark soda works with chocolate cake but have never tried it. Then just use Fat Free Cool Whip as frosting. Sounds weird but turns out super yummy!
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I always make an angel food cake and top it with berries. It's really low fat but tastes GREAT!!!
  • coricorndog
    Options
    I don't know about the actual cake part, but putting pudding on instead of frosting is really yummy! I'm sure it's also better if you use sugar free. :)
  • cterjeson
    cterjeson Posts: 3
    Options
    It's not "weight watchers" but google "Cook Yourself Thin Cake Recipes" I LOVE the carrot cake :) It tells you how many calories per serving. The cookbook is amazing. Everything in it is great and somewhat low calorie friendly.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I made my friend Rocco DiSpiritos red-velvet cupcakes made wtih black beans and beets...and they were actually pretty dang good! (From his "Now Eat This Diet" book)

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=13202386
  • jackrokal
    jackrokal Posts: 18
    Options
    I've heard of a weight watchers diet soda cake where you take a boxed cake mix and mix it with one can of any flavor diet soda and bake it. I've never tried it but heard it was pretty good. Here is a link: http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=252983910
  • tmjohnso
    tmjohnso Posts: 1
    Options
    Tear pieces of angel food cake, mix in prepared sugar free/fat free pudding flavor of choice, mix in ff cool whip. Top with friut. Yummy!
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Cake

Weight Watchers Recipe
    PointsPlus™ Value: 6
    Servings: 14
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 60 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

1 spray(s) cooking spray
    2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
    1 1/3 cup(s) sugar
    1 1/2 tsp baking soda
    2/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 cup(s) regular butter, melted
    1 1/2 cup(s) hot water
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 cup(s) sauerkraut, pureed until smooth
    1 tsp unsweetened cocoa

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl or in the bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and 2/3 cup of cocoa. Add melted butter, hot water and vanilla extract; mix well. Add sauerkraut and blend thoroughly.

Pour batter into prepared pan; bake in center of oven until a tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes. Cool cake in pan for about 20 minutes and then turn out onto a baking rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder before slicing into 14 pieces. Yields 1 slice per serving.
    Notes
    You can easily change the flavor of this cake by adding strong coffee instead of the hot water or adding cayenne pepper and cinnamon with the vanilla.

This was amazing! In order to have a BIGGER piece for LESS points (5 point servings for a total of 10 servings) I used: 1/4 cup of butter instead of 1/2 cup and used 2/3 cup of brown sugar splenda instead of 1 1/3 cups of sugar. I also took advice from another review which recommended to add 1/2 tsp of salt and to rinse the sauerkraut. I did not add 1 tsp of cocoa to the top. I ate this with some fat free Cool Whip and it was SO good. Couldn't taste the sauerkraut at all. Definitely a keeper!!
  • cassiejoyy
    cassiejoyy Posts: 82
    Options
    How about Pink Lemonade Confetti cupcakes?
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/07/pink-lemonade-confetti-cupcakes.html#more
    Only 97 calories per cupcake!
  • tiffwhit16
    tiffwhit16 Posts: 76
    Options
    My friends made me an angel food cake topped with berries and fat free cool whip one time. It was yummy and we totally felt like we were cheating!

I've also heard of the diet soda cake. Sounds yummy!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i need to make one of these cakes! lol
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    One year my MIL cut a watermelon in half, stuck candles in it and we had it instead of cake! It was a hoot!
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This one is good. Remember diet coke for chocolate. Diet spike for light color cakes.
  • starr68
    starr68 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You should try the Diet Soda Cake. It's one box of regular cake mix with one can of diet soda. I usually combine lemon cake with Sprite Zero. I've heard dark soda works with chocolate cake but have never tried it. Then just use Fat Free Cool Whip as frosting. Sounds weird but turns out super yummy!

This cake works very well. I have tried it with the choc cake and diet cola and nobody knew the difference. Also you can make a "bar" using angel food cake mix and low cal sugar free pie filling. Just mix the filling and cake mix and bake..nothing else. My husband even loves these!!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

This is definitely the one to do! We make this all the time. Its very low in calories and quite honestly its a great cake. we always get compliments on it. We use Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Pop. But Chocolate with Coke is great as well. FF Cool Whip>.....that's up to you we use the lite it has a better flavor. I havne't had it for a while but its super easy. Its really only a can of pop or 12 oz and the cake mix. that's it. It will come out very dense and super moist. One Bite and you'll be hooked!