1200 calorie a day menu!

Options
2»

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of veggies. Low cal breads, cheese, fruits. I was on 1200 per day during my weight loss portion and I always felt satisfied. You need to spend some time in the store looking at the calories in every product you buy. Get rid of the processed crap. Also, exercise because then you can eat more than 1200.
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I also like the lean ground beef.....make a hamburger with it...Wonder 80 calorie hamburger buns are great! Whole wheat of course.
  • WhitBarber
    WhitBarber Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I'm on a 1250 cal/day and having a hard time eating enough.. I stock my lunch bag with fresh veggies but still having trouble getting enough calories.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hey, you're more than welcome to check out my food diary!

I'm awesome at staying under 1200. [:
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I'm on a 1250 cal/day and having a hard time eating enough.. I stock my lunch bag with fresh veggies but still having trouble getting enough calories.

Skinless chicken breast is great for increasing your calories if you're struggling. Veggies and salad are great for dropping your calories, meat, fish and quorn for increasing them.
  • limsilas
    Options
    hi guys,

i'm at 1200/day too, but on some days i work out without eating any extra calories - so i guess for those days, i'm really at 900 or 1000. is that bad or unhealthy at all? i mean, do i need to eat extra on days that i exercise?

thanks!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I think I'll have to try some of these ideas...