NSV Not happy!

RachelT14
RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
Going to my cousins wedding on friday and i just triedmy dress on to make sure it was okay with all the accessories etc. It is rather loose at the top and gapes at the back if i stand up nice and straight, only by about an inch but i am gutted it looked really good when i bought it and i never expected to loose weight in 3 weeks or for it to make this much difference!

Trying to look on the bright side my clothes are obviously a bit looser but now i have to work out what to do by friday!

Replies

• Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Oh dear but well done! Can you take it in?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Take it to a tailor shop and see if they can take it in for you. I have pants hemmed all of the time (I'm short) and they usually have a one day turn around. The shop I use is co-located with a dry cleaner if that helps you to find one.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Yeah get it taken in if at all possible!xx
  • why to go....keep it up

All my clothes are hanging on me and I have tightened my belt to the last hole……Time for new clothing. Its gunna cost but I’m happy that I have to spend the money on clothing that is smaller instead of larger. 
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    I agree with everyone else. A good tailor can really become your BFF along this journey :)
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    The tailor suggestion is good or you could return the dress and get a new one...maybe one size down from that one will work.
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    I think if i put a small tuck in the seam under the armpit, each side, that i can hopefully solve the problem. I live in a small village and have no car so it is a long journey to anyone who can alter it professionally. Alternatively if i cant alter it i will be the one wearing a little black shrug cardigan and praying for a nice cold summers day, thank goodness i live in the UK!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    I don't know where you live; but here's my 2 cents.

If you have a mall that sells men's suits - the odds are that they have a tailor on staff. Many of these tailors will be more than happy to take a quick job 'on the side' for you, out of their home. This is typically a 'cash' basis - but the quality and turn-time are very good.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    I think if i put a small tuck in the seam under the armpit, each side, that i can hopefully solve the problem. I live in a small village and have no car so it is a long journey to anyone who can alter it professionally. Alternatively if i cant alter it i will be the one wearing a little black shrug cardigan and praying for a nice cold summers day, thank goodness i live in the UK!

Sounds like a paper-clip might fill that order. Just gather the fabric, and use a paper-clip or safety-pin. As long as they are inside the dress, and under your arms - no one should be the wiser.
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    I too had that problem. I was in my dad's wedding this Friday that just passed! I had to take it to the bridal shop to get it taken in and they took an inch and a half in on both sides! I know the bittersweet feeling you have! Just try to reassure yourself that you are doing something awesome and that there is no need to feel self concious! If it really bothers you, brag about :) that's my theory! Tell people that you have lost weight and that is why your dress is slipping off. This will spark up a conversation and help you feel better about yourself :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!