Annoying Week!

Options
Two weeks ago I lost almost 8 lbs because I had my wisdom teeth out, so I was not eating a lot and when I was, It was basically liquids and ice cream. Last week and this week I have gained about 3 lbs back and cannot seem to control myself around the office's candy dish. (I'm logging every bit, but I still shouldn't be eating that crap.) I think I'm retaining a lot of water this week and just have a feeling of general crappiness.

Who's having a better week and will inspire me with their awesomeness? :D

Replies

• tkirkes
    tkirkes Posts: 121
    Options
    This is my first week on here... I have not weighed myself yet. My first weigh in will be on August first, I'm hoping for really good results because I've been really good so far : ). Your situation stinks, but I hope you stick with your goal and accomplish what you set out for. I have set goals many of times and failed myself and felt no better. I am praying that this website, the support of the MFP crowd and my will, will get me to happiness and my goal! Hope your week gets better and you start making the choices you know you should!!!
  • tkirkes
    tkirkes Posts: 121
    Options
    Oh and congratulations on losing 87lbs Keep up the Great Work you've been doing!!!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hey just stick with it - since you couldn't eat actual food it could be that your body is readjusting. It is amazing how our bodies chemistry can be thrown out of whack. Just stick with it and keep plugging along. Depending on how you feel about gum (this is a loaded question:laugh: ) but you may want to try the Extra Dessert Delights they are sugar free and taste really good. I like to chew them when I need to curb a craving maybe it will help you thumb your nose at that nasty candy dish:explode: Whatever you do - just don't give up - you can do it!!:flowerforyou:
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Probably a sodium problem going back to "real" food. 87lbs lost is wonderful - you can do this - you'll feel better after getting back to your routine that you must have had before to lose like you have! Good luck to you - you can do this! :bigsmile:
  • angief_01
    angief_01 Posts: 37
    Options
    I used to work at a place that had a dreaded "candy drawer!!" It was sooo hard to stay out of! What I did was take Hunts sugar free chocolate pudding snacks, Motts applesauce cups and / or a baggie of veggies with me to work! Then whenever I had the urge to reach for one of those Reeses pb cups, chips or a fun size Snickers I grabbed one of my sweet or crunchy snacks I brought from home! It really helped!!
    Also ask your coworkers not to leave their sweets laying around! Let them know you are working toward being healthier and don't need the added temptation! Who knows you might find that you'll get some more people helping motivate you!!

And WAY TO GO ON THE 87 POUNDS!! AWESOME JOB!!
  • mpeace1406
    mpeace1406 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions!! I will be getting back on track today :) You all rock and congrats to everyone on your successes!
  • RoseBudd85
    RoseBudd85 Posts: 49
    Options
    I've had a very up and down week. I was retaining about 2 pounds of water. Yesterday I worked out like crazy and drank a lot of water and that was gone (plus another 1.2 pounds!) this morning. I am toning up a lot and I can see that I'm slimmer in my face but it's not reflecting on the scale. I'm a little nervous because this coming weekend because I'm going to visit friends I haven't seen in a while....hopefully I'll just dance the extra calories off!

And congratulations on your 87! That's amazing!