apparently my doctors' office doesn't know

Options

Replies

• UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    :laugh: :noway:

Nice.

Always remember: Losing your stool is different than having a loose stool...or is it?
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    laughing_so_hard_hes_crying1.gifI sure hope they did it just to irk ya'll!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    last I checked receptionist, nurses, assistant, and even Drs are all HUMAN. They make mistakes.

These signs were posted in every room. I'm guessing they just don't care, which is fine with me because I find it hilarious. Why u mad?

ok seriously you're criticizing their sign and using "u" instead of "you"? Hopefully you pointed it out to the office manager instead of simply being a jerk. 90% of the time the manager makes & posts these signs and the assistants and receptionists never even look at them. And I wasn't mad, nor am I mad now, just pointing out you shouldn't always be so critical of other people. I personally hate the grammar police on here, the human brain can still read 98% of mis-spelled words, and oh yes I see them daily, in the medical field, in magazines (GASP! An Editor AND spell-check missed it??) and published books (including a few self help ones!)

You dont have to like my opinion, but if you dont want to see someone stick up for those who don't know the difference between "lose" and "loose" dont post it in a public forum! I personally despise seeing the first post on someones question being "um did you mean LOSE instead of LOOSE?"
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    I don't, I like correct spelling and english. I will however usually forgive run-on sentences and mis-placed commas.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    last I checked receptionist, nurses, assistant, and even Drs are all HUMAN. They make mistakes.

These signs were posted in every room. I'm guessing they just don't care, which is fine with me because I find it hilarious. Why u mad?

ok seriously you're criticizing their sign and using "u" instead of "you"? Hopefully you pointed it out to the office manager instead of simply being a jerk. 90% of the time the manager makes & posts these signs and the assistants and receptionists never even look at them. And I wasn't mad, nor am I mad now, just pointing out you shouldn't always be so critical of other people. I personally hate the grammar police on here, the human brain can still read 98% of mis-spelled words, and oh yes I see them daily, in the medical field, in magazines (GASP! An Editor AND spell-check missed it??) and published books (including a few self help ones!)

You dont have to like my opinion, but if you dont want to see someone stick up for those who don't know the difference between "lose" and "loose" dont post it in a public forum! I personally despise seeing the first post on someone question being "um did you mean LOSE instead of LOOSE?"

This was not the answer to the question. It is in the chit chat forum because it is chit chat about something that was noticed in a doctors office.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

You dont have to like my opinion, but if you dont want to see someone stick up for those who don't know the difference between "lose" and "loose" dont post it in a public forum! I personally despise seeing the first post on someones question being "um did you mean LOSE instead of LOOSE?"

2i909d1.jpg
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    ((breaking out in hives))
    me too!

I've got one to add to this. It's dripping in fail.

26893_1360753854559_1102922983_31115646_3739764_n.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't, I like correct spelling and english. I will however usually forgive run-on sentences and mis-placed commas.

God, you are such an *kitten*! Clearly, there was supposed to be commas around the word "however." We can't be friends anymore.

*spank spank*

:tongue:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

It must be seriously depressing to have lost your sense of humor and call the OP a jerk for his observation.

But I applaud you for rampantly making up statistics. That's just good fun.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Argh!!!!

Actually, I shouldn't be surprised. Working with doctors every day, I am amazed at the number of things that are misspelled or the wrong homophone is used, etc.

why do you think our handwriting is so terrible---we CAN'T spell....LOL
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    My 16 y/o brother sent me this.... I LOLed till I damn near pissed myself.

grammer.jpg
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    1fb48f2e-orig.jpg
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

2i909d1.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA

Niiiiceee....
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    ((breaking out in hives))
    me too!

:noway: Okay now I'm breaking out in hives.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

2i909d1.jpg
    [/quote]

AHAHAHAHHA!!! Reddit!!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see that mistake I tend to think of 'loose the hounds!' and imagine the (in this case) prescription samples running away in a herd.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    A simple proofread by all of the HIGHLY educated folks in the office should prevent "mistakes" like this though. Come on this is second grade stuff here!

my daughter SEW wood have maid them change that thing:tongue:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

grammer.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options

grammer.jpg

These are awesome.
    Can someone please pass the Benadryl... :sick: