What is your caloric intake per meal and snack?

So, in other words, i'm trying to eat 1510 calories ...

here is my break down

Breakfast - 235
Snack - 100
Lunch - 400
Snack - 100
Dinner - 675

(feel free to cut and paste and put in your numbers)

do any of you do this? or do you just watch what you eat and be careful not to go over at the end of the day?

the one with my breakdown is i feel the snacks are pretty limited ... 100 cals is not much. pretty much stuck with fruit, which ain't bad, i'm just saying.

Replies

• imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 228 Member
    I have similar breakdown but less cals :(

I have lots of different snacks and they are much less than 100 cals - i have rice cakes, alpen light cereal bars (only 60 cals), nuts, fruit, veg, tesco crispbakes, ryvita fruit crunch, fromage frais, berries to name but a few

HTHs
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    I don't limit myself by meal. I eat when I'm hungry and eat what I'm craving (within reason) If I have points left over, or see that I'm going to in the afternoon then I'll eat a little extra to make up for it.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    It's different every day but today is:

Lunch: 639 cals
    Mid-Afternoon Meal: 649 cals
    Dinner AFTER 7pm ;) is 1139 cals.

I like eating ALOT after 7pm, sometimes I'll eat like 1000 calories at 2am and then go right to bed. :)
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    i usually just eat whenever i'm hungry. Some mornings i'm not hungry, so I don't eat. Some mornings I'm starving so I eat a lot. It all depends.

Yesterday:
    8-12 am: 95 calories
    12-3pm: 190 calories
    3-6: 427 calories
    PRE WORKOUT: 160
    *RAN 7 MILES*
    POST WORKOUT: 300
    9-12 pm: 700
    Drinks: 300
    TOTAL: 2200ish
    but i burned about 840 calories.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    I generally eat like this:

Breakfast - 100
    Snack - 100
    Lunch - 200
    Snack - 100
    Supper - 700

Sometimes supper is more like 800 or 860. I'm not a big breafast eater. I actually "graze" all day, then eat a fair size supper.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    I used to have a breakdown like that, and when I lived on my own it worked well. But now I live with my boyfriend and our meals are a little more unpredictable. It also throws me off when I save 600 cals for dinner, but work out and gain 300. I feel weird eating 900 calories in the evening.
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    I try to plan it so that I have the most calories available for dinner. I've read that it's actually better for you to have your biggest meal for breakfast or lunch, but that just doesn't fit with my life, so I don't worry about it. Typical day is something like this:

Breakfast: 300
    Lunch: 300
    Snack: 150
    Dinner: 700

I can't stick to a 1200 cal diet for the life of me, so I work out to earn those extra cals. ;)
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    mine are usually low in the morning, a bit higher in the afternoon and more at night. Kinda opposite what a lot of health proffs say, but I LOVE enjoying a good sized meal at night and snacking in the evening too. So its usually:

Breakfast: 200-250
    Lunch: 300-500
    Snack: 100-150
    Dinner: 600-? (depending on what i have left in cals and if i might want to snack later)
    Snack: 200-260

With exercise (which i eat those cals back) i usually end up with 50+ cals at the end of the day
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Breakfast - 150
    Snack - 160-200
    Lunch - 300
    Snack - 150
    Dinner - 400
    Evening Snack - 200

Constantly eating lol...but over time I learned to eat when I feel hungry compared to not
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Breakfast: ~400-500 calories
    Snack: ~100 calories
    Lunch: ~500-600 calories
    Snack: ~200 calories
    Dinner: ~500-600 calories
    Snack: ~100-200 calories (depending)

I normally aim for 1900-2000 calories a day. I eat about 400-500 more depending on amount of exercise.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    I don't limit myself by meal. I eat when I'm hungry and eat what I'm craving (within reason) If I have points left over, or see that I'm going to in the afternoon then I'll eat a little extra to make up for it.

same here :)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Breakfast - 0
    Lunch - 300
    Snack - 150
    Dinner - 700
    Snacks - 400

...ish

Mainly i dont/cant/would be sick if i have breakfast. I know what im going to be having for dinner, so my snackage is based around that. Yes, i know its not the best way, but hell, i do what works for me, and what i know i can live with indefinitely.
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    pretty interesting ... i see a lot of after dinner snacks, i have not gone that route. it seems easier to deal with hunger at home than at work.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    I kind of just eat about 200 to 300 calories for breakfast and lunch and then 400 or so for dinner the rest is snacking after lunch and after dinner. I eat about 1300 to 1500 calories.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    i make dinner my least caloric meal. I give myslef at least 400-500 calaries for dinner and a snack for the evening. Have your tried fruit with a few crackers and a few pieces of cheese. I find this fills me up. It is over 100 calaries but then I don't feel as if I am starving myself. Use the food diary it helps a lot.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I just watch what I eat and it varies. I have noticed that often the calorie count goes up with each snack/meal. Dinner (evening) is by far the biggest, and the only one I really consider a "meal".