too many calories

new to this what do you do if you used way too many calories too early in the day

Replies

• kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    how many do you have left for the day and how many meals/snacks do you need to eat?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    If you eat too many calories early in the day, and you are worried about going over ...do this.,

(I assume you are tracking)

Drink more water.

Eat veggies. Veggies barely have any calories in them and will fill you up more so you can make it through the day.
  • Clinton1074
    Clinton1074 Posts: 25 Member
    Stop eating for the day. Just kidding, I usually will replace my late meals with high volume low calorie foods like Vegtables and Salad to avoid hunger and keep the calorie count down.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    I would suggest to exercise longer/harder and watch what you eat the rest of the day. Tomorrow is another day and just start over, we all are learning. I didnt know how many calories I was actually eating until I started tracking them.
  • pinknsassyemt
    pinknsassyemt Posts: 68 Member
    To avoid this I always sit down the day before and plan out my meals.. and snacks. But if I make a mistake early in the day I exercise them off (take the stairs on lunch, or make a few laps around the building), or balance out with low low calorie high protein meals and snacks.
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    This isn't helpful for today, butmaybe for tomorrow.

If possible, enter in the foods you will be eating BEFORE you eat. That way, you can really decide whether or not you want to eat it! I do this and sometimes, it is so relaxing to eat and know that I'm still 'on track" with my calroies rather than being ashamed and depressed about every single thing I put in my mouth. Now, I know I CAN EAT it!

Oops, looks liek someone else just had the exact same comment... oh well, great minds think alike.
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    I ate lousy :sad: yesterday and in order to make it work out, I went and walked for an hour and earned those calories back so I wasn't over my goal for the day. You can earn a whole meal back.... :bigsmile:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    3 options

eat lots of veg to balance it out,

do a ton of exercise to earn more calories

write today off, ditch the guilt and start afresh tomorrow...lesson learned
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    You eat light for the rest of the day.....and do better tommorrow!
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    hi
    you can exercise more that will give u extra calories !!! :)
This discussion has been closed.