Not catching on

Options
i am not catching on to how to balance my meals. I have over 500 calories left but I'm over on protein fiber and sugar for the day. What could I possibly eat to get the calories and not continue to go over for dinner/snack. Or what could I change for tomorrow? Please check my diary. I
Thanks!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    There's no problem with going over on protein or fibre, its best to regard those as minimums rather than ceilings. As for sugar, MFPs default setting is really low, and if you're getting your sugar form fruit then again, nothing to worry about.

Keep the calories close to your goal, thats the main thing.
  • Fitandsexy_fe
    Fitandsexy_fe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    There's no problem with going over on protein or fibre, its best to regard those as minimums rather than ceilings. As for sugar, MFPs default setting is really low, and if you're getting your sugar form fruit then again, nothing to worry about.

Keep the calories close to your goal, thats the main thing.

Okay great. Thanks. I really felt likening was running out of options. Everything has sugar. Especially fruit.
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    First of all there is no such thing as too much fiber or too much protein. Especially when you drink plenty of water and are doing some strength training. I make it a goal to put my fiber and protein in the red. :tongue:

Second of all, looking at your food diary, most of your sugar is coming from healthy sources like milk, carrots, apples, etc. I wouldn't worry about going over on sugar if it is coming from such healthy places. (I may need to check again because I didn't look too long, but I didn't see any overwhelming bad for you sugar intake) Fruit and veggie sugar is good sugar. (That is a huge topic of debate on this website but that is my opinion!)

And lastly, I didn't check what your daily calorie goal was, but I would suggest pre-planning a few days in a row to give yourself an opportunity to learn how to properly split up your calories. I would also suggest eating more calories for breakfast than dinner. This will keep you full longer and keep you from eating any junk throughout the day. Once you have gotten the hang of splitting your meals about equally and maybe giving breakfast more attention than dinner, you will be able to do it all the time without thinking!

Good luck! :happy:
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    Also, those 500 calories you have left appear to be exercise calories. I usually only eat about half of mine if at all...so don't feel pressured to eat them if you aren't that hungry
  • Fitandsexy_fe
    Fitandsexy_fe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same about the fruit and other healthy food with sugar. I didn't have any added sugar or sweets and still went over like crazy. And when i workout i usually burm a bunch of calories so it adds on over 500 making it feel imposdible to eat that much more! Thanks for the feedback. I feel a bit better now.