Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! Congrats Tim!!!
  • zundelag
    zundelag Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That's great, I'm so happy for you! It just goes to show you don't have to be a product of your genetics.
  • mjmoore8480
    Options
    Congratulations! Any suggestions on how to motivate my husband? He's basically resigned himself to "genetics".... and considering most of his family members on his dad's side haven't made it past 50, I'm definately worried.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Any suggestions on how to motivate my husband? He's basically resigned himself to "genetics".... and considering most of his family members on his dad's side haven't made it past 50, I'm definately worried.

Not sure if your husband likes to read, but I'm in the middle of a great book called, "Younger Next Year." It is actually written for men about 15-20 years older than I am, but it is a great book nonetheless. The focus of this book is on taking control of your life and overcoming genetics. I don't recommend buying it, but then I'm cheap and I don't buy books, just borrow them from the library. In fact, I got this book in audio form from the library and listen to it on my computer.

The book is laugh-out-loud funny and the authors are very candid and real. It might be the thing to motivate your husband. Either that, or grab one of those medical videos showing open-heart surgery and tell 'em, "That's you unless you take action lardo." (Not that I advocate name calling. :) )
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Tim, my hat is off to you.....seeing your numbers , knowing it can be done can boost others in here as well........youre young , you got your whole healthy lilfe ahead of you..........just curious, what are your triglicirides? and your total cholesterol, if its ok to ask?

Again, youre a trendsetter for sure.............Lloyd

Triglycerides dropped from 77 to 64 and the doc says to keep 'em below 150
    Total cholesterol dropped from 178 to 128, that takes them from the "good" to "very good" range.
  • mjmoore8480
    Options
    Haha! I think I'll try both (audio book first)! I think they're both good ideas! And he'd find the name calling funny, so I'll probably include that too. Thanks!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!