MFP Runners Club 11/11

Options
Wakey, Wakey all you runners out there.

Did a very easy 2.61 miles this morning. Yes I used mapmyrun for those miles. :laugh:

Our running group decided to cut it short do to still being sore from our race on Saturday. Not sure what is going on for tomorrow but I may do some track running this evening to get a few more miles in today. Have a great run everybody.

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Wakey, Wakey all you runners out there.

Did a very easy 2.61 miles this morning. Yes I used mapmyrun for those miles. :laugh:

Our running group decided to cut it short do to still being sore from our race on Saturday. Not sure what is going on for tomorrow but I may do some track running this evening to get a few more miles in today. Have a great run everybody.
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm running with you in spirit!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm here!! I ran 4 miles this morning in the cold rain!!! It was 33* so just warm enough that it wasn't snow. :noway: I did a Chest & tricep workout y'day, so no run.

Happy Veterans Day! :flowerforyou:

Jess
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    First run since Thursday -feels great. Track Tuesday 12 x 400 repeats with 1.5 mile warm up and cool down.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hey All! :smile:

Ran 4.5 this morning! :drinker:

Did Kechie ever check in after her 1/2????? :frown:

Happy Running! :drinker:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Ran almost 3 miles on Saturday on the treadmill at the hotel. Got up this morning and started to run. Got about 2K in and BONKED! Couldn't believe it. I just couldn't make my legs go any more. I must have been more tired than I thought. Oh well, I walked a little ways then had a good stretch. Spin class tomorrow morning. I think it'll be beddybye time right after biggest loser tonight.
    Happy Tuesday everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm so bad at checking in:ohwell:

I ran M-F last week :happy: yay! But I didn't get my long run in on Sunday:grumble:

Started another 30 day "Making the Cut" workout yesterday, went this morning too, will run at least 3 this afternoon.
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Yay! I ran! It's so icky and it's ?sleeting? It was hurting my face!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Note to self: Refrain from eating massive amounts of trail mix before running...

I was to run 8 miles, but only got 4.4 before I ran home to toss my cookies. My gut is so sick right now. :sick: Maybe I'll get the rest of my run in tonight at the gym, once my stomach calms down. It has been so sensitive lately - I'm having such a rough time finding anything to eat before a run. Any suggestions??
  • runnerdad
    Options
    Note to self: Refrain from eating massive amounts of trail mix before running...

I was to run 8 miles, but only got 4.4 before I ran home to toss my cookies. My gut is so sick right now. :sick: Maybe I'll get the rest of my run in tonight at the gym, once my stomach calms down. It has been so sensitive lately - I'm having such a rough time finding anything to eat before a run. Any suggestions??
    I find a lot of things that usually don't bother me don't sit well if eaten before a run. I typically try not to eat, but for my long runs, when you really need something to sustain you, I like toaster waffles (not too much syrup). Easy to digest and good source of carbs for your run.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I had an awesome workout today. I ran a little over 5 miles, but I did it alongside a strength training session. I ran 10 minutes, then did 1 set of 4 different weight lifting moves, then the run, etc. I ran a total of 40 minutes and did 3 sets of the weights. It's an awesome speed workout, because mentally you're only going 10 mintues, so I was way faster than I normally would have been. The total workout takes about 60 to 70 minutes. WOO HOO!
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Well I can eat anything. For you I would suggest fruit? Banana, apple, I like to have a handful of grapes and some walnuts, it's a good taste combo, and some protien too! You only need about 100 calories, so either eat 200-300 a couple of hours before your run, or stick to something 100 cal. right before you head out the door, oh and I love, love, love Larabars, eat 1/2.:drinker:
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I had an awesome workout today. I ran a little over 5 miles, but I did it alongside a strength training session. I ran 10 minutes, then did 1 set of 4 different weight lifting moves, then the run, etc. I ran a total of 40 minutes and did 3 sets of the weights. It's an awesome speed workout, because mentally you're only going 10 mintues, so I was way faster than I normally would have been. The total workout takes about 60 to 70 minutes. WOO HOO!

Where did you get that work out? That is fantastic!
  • nuctec
    nuctec Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello runners

I did my half last Sunday. Took 21 mins off from last year, but when you are slow to begin with, there is big room for improvement! So sored!! When should I go back to running? This weekend ..next week??

Arlene
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    You should run the day after a race, super slow and easy 10-15 minutes, to help flush out the lactic acid that is the cause of your soreness and stiffness. For the rest of the week, a couple of runs, again, easy and slower than your race pace. And then after that get back into what you were doing training-wise for your 1/2, and stay there, or ramp it up!

Congrats on your PR! 21 minutes is great!
  • runnerdad
    Options
    Arlene,
    great job on your race :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Angie is right, you want to get out for a recovery run the day after your race. It works wonders for reducing the soreness. There is some sort of formula that you should recover a day for each mile of your race, so take it easy for two weeks, then get back at it
  • nuctec
    nuctec Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Arlene,
    great job on your race :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Angie is right, you want to get out for a recovery run the day after your race. It works wonders for reducing the soreness. There is some sort of formula that you should recover a day for each mile of your race, so take it easy for two weeks, then get back at it
    Hi Angie and Tom

I tried running today (3 days after) and was no good. Maybe I waited too long? Anyways I am trying again tomoroow:smile: Thanks guys

Arlene
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Yes, you waited too long :cry: , I've done it before too. You would've been sore the day after regardless, but it would of helped and you might not be as sore as you are now. That's okay though, live and learn. Just keep running, nice and easy, until you're ready to start training again or to just keep your fitness level up, and climbing!