New Girl!

Options
hello, everyone! i'm a 24 year old woman from Kentucky trying to lose weight before i graduate from my Master's program! i've been trying to lose weight for some time now, and what i need, mostly, is help getting motivated and staying motivated. motivation is a huge hurdle for me to clear and i hope that through this website and its seemingly awesome community that i will find that support!

Replies

• Rachiewoowoo
    Rachiewoowoo Posts: 142
    Options
    Hey! I'm new too!

Feel free to add, and good luck!
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    Welocme! I hope that you enjoy the site as much as I do. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.:flowerforyou:
  • Jump1979man
    Jump1979man Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am just like you and need motivation to keep me on the right path. Good luck to you, this site is a big help in staying motivated.
  • olivia_69
    olivia_69 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey! I've actually been using MyFitnessPal for a while on my iPhone, but I have no friends who use it, so feel free to add me so we can support eachother. Supposedly, adding people will help to motivate you. So it's worth a try, right?!
  • Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    Options
    Another newbie here! This sight is the best thing I've tried in a long time. It's great for support, convenience, and accountability. good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    Best wishes to you in reaching your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    Welcome. I started on MFP yesterday and have found that the community on here is very welcoming and supportive. Add me if you want!
  • NinasMum
    NinasMum Posts: 6
    Options
    I hear you! Motivation is my worst enemy. :) Feel free to add me too!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck on your journey! You've definitely come to the right place!
  • lugovelb
    lugovelb Posts: 60
    Options
    Welccome to the new ones. Feel free to add me.
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP this is a great place :) i've been on 15 days now and have found it's helped me so much, anyone feel free to add me for support :) good luck on your journey
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    from your profile. I can see why your failing.
    "strict dietary regimen." that plus grad school is going to be an epic fail for one of them. I'm glad you are going to be healthy, but don't obsess, you need to graduate too.
  • BananaRama929
    Options
    I'm also new here! I got the app for my phone a few weeks ago, but then I did an update and it erased ALL my apps and I forgot to add MFP again. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you here and making some new friends feel free to add me and we can swap tips! :smile:
  • jessiroonita
    Options
    It motivates me just seeing all the great progess everyone is making! Welcome to the site. It really is helpful. Hopefully it will help you stay on track. I think it makes it fun having friends on here going through the same challenges as we are. Good luck and happy calorie counting!!!!
  • usliv2
    usliv2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, Good luck to you. I had lost about 13 pounds on this program, gain back 8. Now I am focus, and will lose 30 pounds before the Holiday season is my goal . MFP it really works. For me I try to walk at least an hour every day and if I can get a 2nd walk in , its all the more better, Exercise is key ! Best wishes,