Favorite Light Beer?

What is it and how many calories?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Coors Light. It's 105 for 12oz.

BUT there are a lot of good normal beers that aren't much more, like Sunshine Wheat, one of my top beer choices. I think it's about 150 a bottle.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    bump...i am curious since im going out tonight! i really like mich golden light personally though. A 12 ounce is about 110 calories.
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    I trieddnking beer for calories... not my style. When I drink I drink beer for taste and enjoyment and alcohol conent. I even brew my own. I am a beer freak. There are some really good beers out there. Light stuff...leave you wishing for more. Drink good beer....exercise more
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    I actually really like the bud select 55. I think it has a great flavor!
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    I trieddnking beer for calories... not my style. When I drink I drink beer for taste and enjoyment and alcohol conent. I even brew my own. I am a beer freak. There are some really good beers out there. Light stuff...leave you wishing for more. Drink good beer....exercise more

I was HOPING that there was GOOD light beer out there...grumble....oh hey I'm supposed to be working, huh?
  • kslindner
    kslindner Posts: 107
    I actually really like the bud select 55. I think it has a great flavor!

I tried MGD 64 and it reminded me of beer flavored water... I thought Bud Select 55 would be worse, but now I wanna try it! lol
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    I prefer wine... and if I drink beer I'm usually happier with a heavier beer... but I did recently try Bud Light Lime, 116 calories for 12 oz. So refreshing because the lime is so heavy.

I liked that, others will probably hate that... but it is tasty.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    I'm a beer drinker and while I've been watching my calories I've been drinking Bud Select 55. For a light beer, it's really pretty good. I've tried most of them and didn't really like most of the others. If I can't get Bud Select 55, I'll add a lime wedge to a different light beer. Keep in mind that none of the really light beers have much alcohol, so if you're looking to get drunk, look elsewhere. :drinker:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Michelob Ultra and 95 i think?

MGD 64 Lemonade is awful.
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Okay, first let me say I know it's not a beer, but I LOVE Mike's Light Hard Cranberry Lemonade. It's 119 cal for 1 bottle. And for a non-beer alcohol in a bottle it's awesome for the calorie factor. And it tastes great. I'm so in love with it right now! :drinker:
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    I'm a beer drinker and while I've been watching my calories I've been drinking Bud Select 55. For a light beer, it's really pretty good. I've tried most of them and didn't really like most of the others. If I can't get Bud Select 55, I'll add a lime wedge to a different light beer. Keep in mind that none of the really light beers have much alcohol, so if you're looking to get drunk, look elsewhere. :drinker:

Haha! Nope, if I want to get drunk I will go straight to the hard stuff. I just want a good tasting beer to sip with summer barbecue...but still have calories left to eat the barbecue...
  • THE BEST But not always easy to find .The Nice Crisp clean flavor of Labatts Blue Light.
    They always try to pass of Bud light or Coors light
  • Rae6503

Haha! Nope, if I want to get drunk I will go straight to the hard stuff. I just want a good tasting beer to sip with summer barbecue...but still have calories left to eat the barbecue...

Just drink the good stuff and limit yourself to 2.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Okay, first let me say I know it's not a beer, but I LOVE Mike's Light Hard Cranberry Lemonade. It's 119 cal for 1 bottle. And for a non-beer alcohol in a bottle it's awesome for the calorie factor. And it tastes great. I'm so in love with it right now! :drinker:

Ditto on the Mike's!!!

I like Bud Select 55, but to really enjoy it, I want to add tomato juice - and right now I can't afford all the sodium that is in the tomato juice :( booooo
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    i honestly like bud light lime. the lime makes it taste very flavorful. other than that i like mich ultra.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry so amazing! It's 95 calories
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    The Bud Light Lime is pretty decent stuff, but I also love a good Guinness sometimes. The Draught is only 126 calories!
  • Rae6503

:huh: I might have to try this. It's still beer right? Pomegranate Raspberry beer? Hrmmmm....
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131

:huh: I might have to try this. It's still beer right? Pomegranate Raspberry beer? Hrmmmm....

Yeah it's still beer. It's seasonal usually if you live up North we have a bunch of different flavors when I'm a school in Florida. Mich Ultra makes Cactus Lime, Pomegranate Raspberry and Dragon Fruit Peach. They're so refreshing. It's like bud light lime but better.
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member

I don't drink beer but if I can find a way to get just one instead of having to buy an entire 6 pack, I might have to try this.