Newbie Here

TheGreatYaYa
TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

Well, once again I'm facing the daunting task of losing the unwanted pounds and this time I have more to lose than ever before....50 lbs., so I am really anxious. Will I be able to do this? Will I have the will power and the strength to get through the tough days? All I can say is I hope so. A friend introduced me to this website and I am so glad. This is a wonderful site and I do think it will make my journey a little bit easier. I'm on day 2...I didn't do too well on day 1; I went over my calorie limit, but have done much better today. My biggest battle is right before bed. Seems like I want to eat everything we have that's chocolate......chocolate, ice cream, and peanut butter are my 3 biggest weaknesses. I make myself a low-fat, low-cal chocolate protein smoothie right before bed too, but that doesn't stop me from wanting more. Please send loads and loads of strength my way. And if anyone wants a recipe for a GREAT chocolate smoothie that's only 200 cals. and tastes like a milkshake...just let me know. :) Hi everyone....you can call me Nance.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• shaverkl191
    shaverkl191 Posts: 131
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!! This is a great site with so much support and motivation. Eating before bed is a problem I've had sometimes too... maybe try drinking a big glass of water and see if you're still hungry after that? Or since you mentioned that you love peanut butter, maybe try dipping apple slices in a tbsp or 2 of peanut butter. The fiber from the apple should fill you up and you'll still get some peanut butter too! And I'd love that chocolate shake recipe!!

Best of luck!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Hi Nance,

My name is Bev and I am also 53 and trying to lose 60 lbs. I am disabled so cannot do a lot of the regular exercising but do try ot walk a little every day. I am also a chocolate and ice cream fanatic I could do without peanut butter though...lol. Please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like. I would love to motivate, support and encourgage you on this journey as we are all on the same journey together.

Hugs
    Bev
  • Scorpio_1
    Scorpio_1 Posts: 2
    Hello....

I can definitely identify with late night cravings. I think a good smoothie recipe is just what I need. Please send me the recipe if possible at erica.merritt@gmail.com.

i'm on day 2 as well. I joined a few months ago and never logged in once. So here I go again. And if it makes you feel any better....i have over 200lbs to loose....and it starts with 1.

take good care..

Erica
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Thanks for the motivation....I'll have to pass on the peanut butter idea, though. I've banned it from the house...at least temporarily, until I can get a handle on my cravings for it. But, it's a great idea for later. Thanks for your encouragement.

Nance
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Forgot to give you the recipe.

Chocolate Smoothie

8 oz. Light Chocolate Silk Milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder of your choice (I use Jillian Michaels or Designer Whey or GNC; just look for one with lots of protein...18 grams or more and around 100 cals)
    1/4 tsp. Guar Gum (available at health food stores) -- adds smoothness
    1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum (available at health food stores)-- adds thickness
    1/2 tsp. instant sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
    squirt or two of sugar-free chocolate syrup (optional)

Blend all this together until smooth. Then add about a cup of ice 6 to 8 cubes at a time, depending on your blender, and blend until smooth. May need to add more ice. If you want it thicker, just add a little more Xanthan. If it's too thick, just add a little more Silk. You'll just have to play around with the recipe to get it the way you like it. Sometimes I'll add a tsp. of peanut butter for something different and a tsp. is all it takes to give it that peanut butter flavor.
    Enjoy.
  • TheGreatYaYa
    addendum to recipe *instant sugar free pudding mix should be "chocolate" (of course)
  • TheGreatYaYa
    I'm not doing so well tonight...I also forgot to say to get "chocolate" protein powder!!!! Duh! Hope y'all got this. Let me know if I need to retype it.

Nance
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Good Luck to you! I have been on this site for about a week and it is one of the best things ever. There is so much support on here! Enjoy and welcome!
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Here's another one for a Strawberry Smoothie that's really good too.

Strawberry Smoothie

8 oz. Light Vanilla Silk Milk
    1 scoop Vanilla protein powder (your choice--look for around 100 cals, and lots of protein)
    1/4 tsp. Guar Gum
    1/2 tsp. instant vanilla sugar-free pudding mix
    unsweetened frozen strawberries (about a cup)
    artificial sweetner to taste

Blend all together until thick and creamy...Yummy! Again, you may have to play around some with the ingredients to get it the way you like it.

I think I got everything in there this time.

Nance
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. I'm really pumped about this site and I'm really excited to start this weight-loss journey with such great people!
This discussion has been closed.