Jennra
Jennra Posts: 43 Member
After a workout, what do you think.....water or Gatorade/Powerade?:drinker:

Thanks!!

Replies

• 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    recently tried using gatorade, the sugar made my head spin.
    there is apparently one you can get at a health food store that is an electrolyte replacement without sugar. lemon-lime flavor. It's name sounds something like veetal? vitale? i forget. i grabbed the wrong one, it turned out to be lemongrass flavored appetite supressant.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    water or protein shake :-)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

I agree with quote. :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

I agree with quote. :)

I also agree ;)
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Water, unless you're doing an endurance activity. If you're not, it's just extra calories.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Definitely water. Drinking gatorade regularly is awful for your teeth and sugar consumption.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    If I sweat a lot (like I do on an all-day hike) I usually drink G2, the lower sugar version of Gatorade. During and after normal workouts, I just drink regular water.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Only Water, before - during & after :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Water or a protein shake for sure. Gatorade and other 'sports drinks' are just full of sugar and sodium. I can't stand the idea of drinking right back all the calories I just worked so hard to burn. Sports drinks are best used by athletes, not 'regular' exercisers. For us, water will do just fine for hydration.
  • shaundam
    shaundam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Always water and usually a protein shake also. I like Gatorade, but I hate the sugar and calories that go with it.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I would say neither, go for Propel Zero, it's a gatorade product or smart water. They have the electrolytes but not the carbs or calories of gatorade.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I drink Low Cal G2 gatorade.... i get really bad headaches when i work out ... i thought it was the heat and my mom told me to try drinkin somethin with a little sugar or electrolytes... the g2 seems to have helped... i never get headaches when I drink it after workin out :)
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Water, unless you're doing an endurance activity. If you're not, it's just extra calories.
    I agree!! or the protien shake~ depends on how vigorous your workout is! :)
    Good luck!
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Gatorade was made for the Florida Gators, so to a Georgia Bulldog like me, it's unacceptable. :P

Water
  • Jason944
    Jason944 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I recently read on a Yahoo news article that water is the better choice. It said that Gatorade is really only beneficial to people like athletes that are doing EXTENSIVE exercise and workouts. Like other people have mentioned, it is just extra calories and sugar.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Water!!
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of cardio so if I do not hit 100 oz for the day., I will drink a powerade zero. Grape is the best...not overly sweet and strawberry makes me want to gag
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Coconut water has electrolytes in it.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I go for the P90X Recovery Drink.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Water!