NSV Round-Up

Options
cartern1
cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
Ok so I posted an NSV a while ago but I thought I'd share some /more with you guys - hopefully it'll inspire someone

These are all NSV's which I've noticed over the last few weeks:-

1.Increased fitness
a.Started Swimming and I have made a marked improvement in my lap time and endurance
b.Cycling - I recently managed to cut 7 mins on my average time notching up 20 miles in just 63 mins (this is not on the road cycling - this is country tracks, hills with plenty of scottish mud and rain)

2.My Body
a. Ok so there are bones I didn't know existed, in my shoulders, in my back, my ribs, my pelvis, my adams apple (not sure if thats a bone...) Anyway you get the idea - i even think my colar bone looks too ''sticky out'' to be honest but I'll live with that.
b. My arms are firmer with some clear muscle definition. the skin on my upper arms in particular seems tighter and the overall shape of my arm (even in a relaxed postion) show a nice curve of definition
c. My belly is definitley starting to get the idea that it's not welcome here anymore, it's shrinking nicely. I was worried that i may end up with some ''flappy' skin but it seems to be firming up nicely

3.My Mental Health
a. More energy, i'm sure most of you will have noticed this in yourselves but honestly I'm a pretty lazy/unorganised person however in recent times i've been doing more. Just everyday things like ironing, i'm getting it done before I need it done not just when I have nothing to wear. I'm just more organised in general i.e. I won't just leave a plate until the next time I have something to wash, I'll do it there and then and get it done and out of the way.
b. Apart from some slight insomnia (i think this has been caused by exercising late in the evening) my sleeping pattern has settle nicely and I'm getting good solid sleep and waking up before my alarm most days.

4.Clothes
a. Ok, I think my last NSV was about buying jeans two sizes small than before...well these don't really fit anymore infact i think i need to go down another size. I have bought (another) belt in the meantime but even in the last 2 weeks I have gone thru 4 "holes"
b. My fave shirt no longer fits, I'm gutted about this if i'm honest - i know I won't be able to find this shirt again but I will wait a while before buying any more expensive clothes as I seem to be going thru the sizes quickly
c. I got caught at work without a jacket. I wasn't expecting torrential rain but hey, I live in Scotland - I should know better. Anyway I went to the cloakroom at work and found a jacket I left there at Christmas. I can actually zip this up now! Couldn't believe it!
d. Even my underwear is too small - honestly feels like it's gonna slip off any time soon. This is priority one for the weekend.

5. Compliments etc
a. Ok, apart from my MFP friends (who are great) I've been recieving more compliments, more frequently. Even from strangers and people you see everyday but don't really know (shop workers etc) I'm starting to handle these better - I'm a pretty shy person but I'm learning to take compliments in a more welcoming, less awkward way. (this is hard for me)
b. I was complimented by a guy at the pool, one of these amature athelete types with all the right equipment, technique etc he said I've got, "good technique, keep it up "
c. I was at a BBQ on Sunday and I was speaking to a friend of a friend who is doing sports sciene at uni. She's coming up to her final year and needs to do her dissertation. Anyway, she said she needed a subject (person) to base this on and that she's seen me out on my bike and was really impressed - would I help her out and do some experiments with her when the time comes. Again after the inital embarrassment I accepted - I'm still not sure 100% what this entails but I think it's how the body reacts to different conditions etc but I honestly feel up to any challenge regardless of what it might be.

I'm sure there are more but I wanted to get these out of my head.I'm sure no-one has taken the time to read them all but thanks anyway.

nik

Replies

• Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    wow, way to go sir. keep up the good work :)
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I read them all! Well Done!!!
  • StickingWithIt2015
    StickingWithIt2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am just beginning to have friends, other than MFP, compliment me and I am really bad at taking a compliment. Any suggestions? Example from today was when I about lost my pants when walking back to my office because I've dropped at least 1 size. One of the gals at work said she has really started to notice how baggy all my clothes are and how motivating I was to her. :0)
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    Those are awesome NSVs - thanks for sharing with us. I'd love to join you all in the rain in Scotland - always wanted to go there.
  • readeramm
    readeramm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just say "thanks, I've been working on it." when someone notices I've lost weight.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Well done - you've earned 'em!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Nik, you're doing awesome and these are some great NSVs! :flowerforyou:
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Love this! You are doing amazingly well. Nik you are the man! Keep up the great work my friend. :bigsmile:
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i guess i'm fortunate in one way as I don't have a family / wife to think about I can just focus all my energy on me.

Hopefully there will be more to come but i'm kinda struggling the last week or so - can't wait to read yours!

n'night

nik
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!