How can I judge?

Options
KBrenOH
KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
I'm going jogging tomorrow at the park and I'd like to be able to calculate how fast I'm going plus the calories burned. Problem is, I don't have a HRM and while I do have an app on my phone that let's me track stuff like that, either the GPS signal sucks at the park (very possible) or it's simply not picking up the movement with jogging.

Any ideas would be most welcome or an (free) app that you know works well.

Thanks!

Replies

• mariasheehan
    mariasheehan Posts: 335
    Options
    I've used smartrunner, it's nearly always on par with my HRM, my husband used a Nike app and said that was quite good too. the smartrunner app is free and you can upload your run/job/walk to their website and view your route on a map etc.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Thanks; I'll check it out!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    footsteps is a free one that I use all the time. It's a pedometer but tracks a LOT of other stuff too :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper which works pretty well, though sometimes goes loopy if it doesn't get a good signal.
  • Sharon1829
    Sharon1829 Posts: 12
    Options
    Imapmywalk is free and fantastic!!!!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Free App - Map My Run

If you don't have a smart phone... Just keep track of where you run and how long it takes you... Then go onto mapmyrun.com to "map" the work out. You will be able to add in your time and therefore will be able to figure out how fast you are going.

GOOD LUCK!