Rewarding Yourself

Options
Today, I finally realised WHY I always lapsed back, and went on eating binges for days and gained all the weight back. I never EVER rewarded myself with something. But now since I learned this, does anyone have any suggestions for rewards (excluding food) so I can stay motivated??

I already thought of new clothes (durh<3), some books and a bikini (=D =D =D). I'm open to any new ideas (as long as they aren't food related!) :)

Replies

• sarebak
    sarebak Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just rewarded myself with a manicure last week. :)
  • bearsfan2334
    bearsfan2334 Posts: 137
    Options
    PEDICURES!!!
  • Sharon1829
    Sharon1829 Posts: 12
    Options
    How about a massage after every 10 lbs.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself with a big thing ( a trip to the sun ) when I reached the end of my weight loss. It kept me very motivated, since I put it on my charge card at the very beginning of my weight loss. Eye on the prize.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I take myself to a movie almost every week if I can ( we have a dollar theater where you pay two bucks for movies that are leaving the main theaters). It is relaxing and give me an hour or more to myself :) ( and I bring my own snacks as to not be lured in by popcorn)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly reward myself with hitting my small goals, I feel that's a reward in its self.However, the big goals, yea baby. Pedicures, hair done, new cell phone. That's just because I do have a ton to lose, haha.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I take myself to a movie almost every week if I can ( we have a dollar theater where you pay two bucks for movies that are leaving the main theaters). It is relaxing and give me an hour or more to myself :) ( and I bring my own snacks as to not be lured in by popcorn)

Wow, I wish we had one of those! The theater is so expensive, anymore!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Some new music! Perhaps buy tickets to a play/concert you want to see when you hit a certain goal weight.
  • DaPorcapine
    Options
    I run on a tight budget most days so I treat myself to small things. New nail polish, a pair of earrings, fuzzy socks, or a fancy coffee date with a friend. A friend of mine buys herself a new app for her phone as a reward.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly reward myself with hitting my small goals, I feel that's a reward in its self.However, the big goals, yea baby. Pedicures, hair done, new cell phone. That's just because I do have a ton to lose, haha.

Look up cimemark online and see if they have one near you. Its called movies ten here. if not write and ask why you don't have one haha 10 dollars for a movie is outrageous!