Calories Burned - Help!

Options
Alyx128
Alyx128 Posts: 92 Member
I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes at 4 mph. Based on the pulse monitor on my treadmill, my lowest HR during my workout 122 and the highest was 145 and my BPM immediately after my workout was 134 (used my two fingers on my neck and a stop watch). I plugged my BPM (122 being conservative), my age (25), my weight (175), gender (girl) and the length of my workout in to two different calorie burned calculators and both said that I burned 440 calories. That seems really high! Does a calculator need to ask your resting heart rate as well to be accurate? If it matters my resting heart rate is 72 bpm which is just about average for my age (I am 25) and I am also asthmatic. I felt liked I worked out pretty hard and was sweating pretty hard. I know I should by an HRM, but I don't have money for one right now.

So tell me is there anything wrong with my method? Is it possible that I burned that many calories? How can I get a more accurate figure? If anyone has a link to a more accurate online calculator please give me the link. Please help!!!

Replies