HRM vs Pedometer-What do you think?

Options
I was originally planing on buying myself a Pedometer, the Omron HJ-112 but I've seen some great posts on heart rate monitors and so now I'm a little confused.

Which is most convenient? and which is most accurate for calories burnt count?

What do you think?

Replies

• Footprintz
    Options
    I was originally planing on buying myself a Pedometer, the Omron HJ-112 but I've seen some great posts on heart rate monitors and so now I'm a little confused.

Which is most convenient? and which is most accurate for calories burnt count?

What do you think?
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I would go with a HRM....but if your cheap like me then I just bought a pedometer from the dollar store and that has helped...I want a HRM for Christmas!
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I don't think pedometers are all that accurate, I've owned a few different models and can never seem to find one I really like. On the other hand, they're much cheaper than good HRMs! I just splurged and got myself a HRM as an early Christmas present to myself . . . now I don't get anything else. :embarassed:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I would go with the HRM. Pedometers are not always accurate, and they fall off your pants (sometimes into the toilet :grumble: ) and each model has its downside.

do some research and choose a HRM that fits your needs. They can be expensive but Polar seems to be a pretty popular choice and I know target has some that start at $60.

Invest in yourself...you deserve it! I am getting mine for xmas :happy: