a rant - please excuse me!

Options
Renae_Nae
Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
:explode: I am so sick of...

people wanting to lose 15 pounds in 2 week.
the ads promoting losing 15 in 2 weeks.
Ads for diet pills, patchs, and all the other bogus crap.
"Read how I lost 47 pounds in 3 months with No Diet!" - no that is CRAP! You have to eat less in order for your body to lose!!!!

ok...I think I'm done!

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    :explode: I am so sick of...

people wanting to lose 15 pounds in 2 week.
    the ads promoting losing 15 in 2 weeks.
    Ads for diet pills, patchs, and all the other bogus crap.
    "Read how I lost 47 pounds in 3 months with No Diet!" - no that is CRAP! You have to eat less in order for your body to lose!!!!

ok...I think I'm done!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

You crack me up.
    A guy on the radio was ranting about this today....but it was about diet pills, teas, etc.
    He said that using them was just a way of promoting bulimia....
    Which, as most know my story, I totally agree with his conclusion.
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Renae,

I totally agree with you, I have been one of those people that thought yeah this will work so I spend the money and buy it, to find out that it doesn't work and I just wasted my money. I have been doing this for almost a full month it will be on Thursday and I have already lost 10lbs without any of those things. I am pretty proud of me for doing it the old fashion way. I just with that they would stop putting them up all over the place and let us be us.

Molly
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Ugh, I know.

OT But I knew a girl at my school with that sorta attitude.
    She thinks it's really easy to lose weight, in fact, she told people to just "stop eating and exercize more and 'all the fat will dissapear in a few weeks'."
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    the sad part is, it makes people beleive it can be done the easy way, and they continue to look to them for easy quick weight loss. The best part about MFP is that everyone agrees (eventually) there is no magic trick or drink or pill, it is all about knowledge of what is going in to your body and what is going out and controlling both.

The old fashioned way, is the ONLY way :happy:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

The old fashioned way, is the ONLY way :happy:

:drinker:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You can rant away. I second them. There is no easy way. No pill, no cream, etc. Plus all those boney actresses drive me nuts too.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

You crack me up.
    A guy on the radio was ranting about this today....but it was about diet pills, teas, etc.

In no way am I for pills, teas, ect., but how do they promote bulimia??
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there are a lot of desperate people out there. Then you combine that with way society is all about instant gratification and you just cant stop it until people wise up. There is a reason people are getting rich off desperate people.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You mean these magic beans aren't going to make me 120 pounds by next week? :grumble:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

You crack me up.

In no way am I for pills, teas, ect., but how do they promote bulimia??

One of the big things about pills, teas (cleanse) type products is that they don't allow your body to properly absorb your food. Typcially by rushing digestion or inhibiting digestion...either way is going to cause a laxative like response. Which is one of the extremes of bulimia.

I mean if people REALLY sat down and thought about what all those pills/drinks/etc do to their body they may reconsider. No one wants to think, "Oh, I have an eating disorder because I am popping pills so my body won't digest food properly." In a bulimics hands, thats EXACTLY what it does.

Yes, lots of "diet" pills are about "appetite control" but in reality they are throwing off the bodies responses. Taking a pill so you won't eat or don't eat enough throws off how a person is supposed to sense hunger....which is the physical need to eat. Instead of actually feeling/realizing they are full they have put up a false divider (edited it).... which says "You're full....now" even if you aren't full. Then of course if you stop taking the pills that wall is gone and snarf down anything and everything.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Right now my screen says "Read how I lost 35 pounds in just 3 months with no dieting"

But the advertising must work for them or they would stop.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Multi-BILLION dollar industry kids....
    It's not going away any time soon.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Well... at least I can still increase the size of my "member", while enhancing my breasts (naturally) while refinancing my home. :noway: :grumble:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Well... at least I can still increase the size of my "member", while enhancing my breasts (naturally) while refinancing my home. :noway: :grumble:

Dude :noway:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options

Dude :noway:

hehehe you guys crack me up! :drinker:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

You forgot about whitening your teeth.:huh:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

You forgot about whitening your teeth.:huh:

...and contraceptives that you don't hafta remember to use... :drinker:
  • sunshine_girl
    Options
    I totally agree.

its like when was the last time you really honestly talked to someone and they were like..

OHMIGOSH! I lost 35 pounds popping XYZ! It only took 3 weeks..

Its sad people just starting out don't know any better because it is crammed down our throats.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Its sad people just starting out don't know any better because it is crammed down our throats.

Sorry but EVERYONE knows better. If there were an easy, quick, magic solution NOBODY would be fat.