I think it just clicked?

Options
So sitting here writing this post, I feel: 1. Bloated (my stomach is making beyond strange noises), 2. Overly Stuffed 3. Fat, 4. Angry, 5. Guitly. I think that this is the final push to keep me on track because I HATE HATE HATE, did I say HATE this feeling!

I know that its okay to splurge one day and that I shouldn't feel guilty, but I do. I have been working my butt off the past 2 weeks and over the past week I have eaten so well. Knowing that I was going out to dinner tonight, I ate on the lighter side today. I watched my calories carbs, etc. I even put a little extra umph into my workout today. Up until dinner I felt GREAT! After dinner I felt and still feel like an absolute pig, and I am shocked I ate so much. Therefore, this post is mainly me stating that I realized how much I hate this feeling and am not going to let myself do it again. I just am dreading tomorrow and how much it is going to suck burning all this junk off. GRR I know that I could afford to eat more today since I worked out enough, but I still feel gross. Idk I shouldn't feel guitly, but I do because I know how much hard work I have been putting into my workouts and eating like this even once is just gonna throw me off oh so bad !

Replies

• cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Keep telling yourself that the delight you feel while eating bad foods ( cheat day or not) is nothing compared to the regret you feel after. And remember tomorrow is another day. I have had this same exact experience this past weekend, you just have to buck up. Plan that the next day will be better and the next cheat day will have good food but not too much of it :) Good luck
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how, what used to be a "normal" eating day is now considered a "pig out". If I go over my daily calories by too much, I get horribly sick. I used to eat twice the amount that I do now. I don't EVER want to go back to binging like that. We can do this... fall down 6 times... get up 7.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    First of all, lighten up on yourself! We ALL have those days where you go overboard and are left looking at the calorie counter going "wha.....?" Don't let it stress you out or get you discouraged. Just think, you probably ate like that all the time in the past and barely gave it a second thought.

It's a process, and a journey. You don't have to be 100% all the time, and you wouldn't be human if you were. So learn from it, and keep going! Tomorrow is a new day and you don't need to be beating yourself up about it anymore!!!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I had an evening like this. It wasn't that I ate food I normally don't but that I ate all of the portion the restaurant served and that is just too much most of the time. It was actually pretty good food. I definitely think it is ok to splurge and eat something with higher calories you usually stay away from once in a while. I don't even want to go back to that restaurant because it was just too much even though they make excellent quality food. It seems like I had that same meal a month before and didn't feel so stuffed. I think they had increased their portions. I know the drink I ordered was bigger than the last time. Maybe it was mostly that I had changed. But it ruined the experience for me. I think we get so we don't even want some things. I wouldn't get down on yourself but just learn and go on. I think in the end it will be an experience that will have positive benefits. I am not too much of a binger. I may have had a bit more than I needed overtime so this experience was new to me. I can no longer eat those portions and I am not even the champion of portion control even now. I think it may really be a sign of how far you have come rather than a real set back.