EVERY WOMAN MUST READ THIS BLOG!!

Options
Seriously.

I had no friggin' clue.

http://inkdot.tumblr.com/post/7243925631/no-*kitten* (you're going to have to type out the last word with no spaces... sorry)

mods: I didn't title the blog - it's a link.

Replies

• muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    oh and men too... I just don't think men, generally, suffer from the fashion brigade as much as women.
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    ugh people tailor t-shirts? smh
    it makes sense though!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    so..what..you think everyone woman should always be concerned about how she looks in public and what clothes she wears.

and i HIGHLY doubt all celebrities have EVERY stitch of clothes fitted for them..i mean seriously..ugh this drives me crazy.
  • abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    Options
    I don't think that's what she's saying at all. The message I got was that we spend our lives trying to look like people in magazines... but it's not possible. We all know the photo shoot pictures are airbrushed and touched, but who would have thought the general "out and about" pictures weren't real either??

My guess is that we would be surprised to know what all celebrities do in order to cover up their "flaws"- and I don't doubt for a minute that most do have their everyday clothes altered.

Thanks for sharing, muth3rluvx2... I know of several who have reached "goal," but don't feel like they look like they think they should in their clothes- and this really does make sense. The message I take away is that we shouldn't really put much stock in magazines... because in reality, it's not reality at all.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My oh my
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    I don't think that's what she's saying at all. The message I got was that we spend our lives trying to look like people in magazines... but it's not possible. We all know the photo shoot pictures are airbrushed and touched, but who would have thought the general "out and about" pictures weren't real either??

My guess is that we would be surprised to know what all celebrities do in order to cover up their "flaws"- and I don't doubt for a minute that most do have their everyday clothes altered.

Thanks for sharing, muth3rluvx2... I know of several who have reached "goal," but don't feel like they look like they think they should in their clothes- and this really does make sense. The message I take away is that we shouldn't really put much stock in magazines... because in reality, it's not reality at all.

It wasn't too long ago I was wearing sizes 2/4... and clothes STILL looked awful on me. A simple pair of jeans and .. well... a t-shirt was so unattractive. I rarely wore such casual clothes. They made me look like a box which doesn't feel good. I'd wear what some people might consider "slutty" clothes because they were the only things that gave me shape - being short, I'm VERY short waisted - some call it an hour glass figure (ha!) - but it's hard to find things that don't make you look sloppy and dumpy no matter what size you are!

I think we dress to feel good; but if we don't feel good in our dress then... what? Now, we know why. Size DOESN'T matter.. Fit, however is another matter altogether. And yes, I do believe that every celebrity probably does have their entire wardrobe tailored to fit them just so. Why do I think that? Because they can.

Maybe I should learn how to sew.
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    so..what..you think everyone woman should always be concerned about how she looks in public and what clothes she wears.

And yes. I think everyone should be concerned about their appearance when they step out. I worry every time I go out in crappy clothes that I'll run into a student or a parent of a student. That doesn't mean everyone needs to dress to the nines all day every day, but think about where you're going and who you'll be meeting and what's appropriate.

If you want to run around your house naked or wear high heels, daisy dukes adn a tube top in your yard, by all means do so. But be cognizent of the responses you'll get. Dress for the reaction you want. People shouldn't judge, I don't judge but I do have opinions, and people DO judge and you never know who you'll run into. It's just generally good practice to be aware of such things.