Running Shoes... What do you prefer?

Options
I'm buying running shoes tomorrow. I'm most likely going to go with the Nike Free Run 5.0

nike-free-run-black-red-f5--560x377.jpg

I dont like ugly shoes and they have to be light and good for running. My New Balance suck. I hate them.

What do you prefer?

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am old so I go for comfort first, I dont even care what running shoes look like anymore. I think they look "cool"...
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    When I was running, I started with Asics and ended up with Pearl Izumis. I liked them both. I had Nikes before my Asics and got horrible shin splints.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Looks matter zero as long as they fit and let me run well without injury. Currently I have "Nike Free Run+" because they happened to work well for me. I was surprised because historically, Nikes have never fit me right.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm buying running shoes tomorrow. I'm most likely going to go with the Nike Free Run 5.0

I dont like ugly shoes and they have to be light and good for running. My New Balance suck. I hate them.

What do you prefer?

I LOVE MY NIKE FREE'S. No doubt the best pair of shoes I have ever had.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    personally i go to a shoe store that sells running shoes specifically and get fitted for a good pair as they feel sooo much better on my feet. The store here is Fleet Feet, but I've seen other names thrown around on here similar to it. And they're usually pretty, my latest pair are a sky blue color.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I preffer cushioned shoes with mild overpronator support.

I use Asics mostly but looking to test run some Saucony soon.

These are the ones I'm looking to get now: http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/shoefinder_detail/1,7161,s6-240-400-0-0-0-0-0-1929,00.html
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Really? you care about what they look like??? they are for running, do you wear designer running shorts too? Comfort is key, what ever works for you. but if you care about looks over comfort, have fun with that.
  • Humphrizzle
    Humphrizzle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i'm sure asics are good for running and all, but they're ugly and they'd make me feel stupid.

I tried on a few and i think these were my favorites...
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    i'm sure asics are good for running and all, but they're ugly and they'd make me feel stupid.

I tried on a few and i think these were my favorites...
    Did you test them out with a run around the store?
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Every person needs different things when it comes to running shoes. I recommend taking your old shoes to a running store. They'll analyze those shoes and then watch you run or walk. Then they'll show you which shoes will best support your body when running.

I personally can't wear New Balance or Asics, do okay in Nike and best in Saucony. I wish Nike were a better choice for me because I have employee store access and it would be financially advantageous. Too bad.

Good luck with your decision.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    BTW, I think it's super important to have a good insole too.
  • Humphrizzle
    Options
    Really? you care about what they look like??? they are for running, do you wear designer running shorts too? Comfort is key, what ever works for you. but if you care about looks over comfort, have fun with that.

Yes. if i'm going to pay 100 dollars for a pair of friggin shoes, they better do more than feel comfortable.

These shoes do both. looks and comfort.
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options

What do you prefer?

I LOVE MY NIKE FREE'S. No doubt the best pair of shoes I have ever had.

I have heard so much about these and I also need some running/fitness shoes... do they have good arch support? my feet have become flat and my feet and back are killing me.... otherwise would anybody know of anything better for fitness AND arch support?
  • thisislarry
    thisislarry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you can, go to a running store, let them pamper you and your feet and tell you about the different shoes they have and what they're good for, etc. If you have 'regular' shaped feet then you can wear pretty much any shoe you like. If you have clubs like mine, you may want to make sure you get something that fits well.

That said, I have some similar-looking Nikes that I got because they fit decently, and were red. In a week they molded to my feet, and the fit was not an issue anymore. It's been about four months and they have worn in well.
  • Humphrizzle
    Options
    felt good to me. everyone's feet are different. go to a store and try some on
  • ScrewyChars-7859507
    Options
    I love my pink & black.. Nike Free running shoes;) so light on the feet,, they R0Ck
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options

Yes. if i'm going to pay 100 dollars for a pair of friggin shoes, they better do more than feel comfortable.

These shoes do both. looks and comfort.

Are you wearing the shoes for other than running? Because that makes sense for looks wise, but if you are only wearing them to go running in, then comfort should come first. Just my opinion,
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Asics! Saucony and Mizuno are also good.
  • Humphrizzle
    Options

Are you wearing the shoes for other than running? Because that makes sense for looks wise, but if you are only wearing them to go running in, then comfort should come first. Just my opinion,

I tried on 10 pair of shoes today. I'm not stupid. This wasn't supposed to be a thread about how to pick out shoes. I'm just wondering what other people have chosen to run in. If there were some sort of shoe I hadn't heard of.