what is the HCG diet?

Options
im not looking to do it or anything, but im seeing lots of people talking about it and i was just curious what it is. what all is involved in it?

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I don't know a ton about it, but I hear it's VERY dangerous, and you eat only like 500 calories a day.

You take a couple drops of concentrated HCG and it curbs all hunger or something like that.
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't know a ton about it, but I hear it's VERY dangerous, and you eat only like 500 calories a day.

You take a couple drops of concentrated HCG and it curbs all hunger or something like that.

i also heard its very dangerous! was watching the dr.s tv show and they were 100% against it, but they didnt say much about the actual diet just how against it they were and how expensive it is. i mean, if your eating that little calories and loosing weight that quickly, wouldnt you gain it ALL back as soon as you quit the diet? sounds like it to me! id rather just eat healthy and exercise regularly and loose the weight as its meant to come off.
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Basically, it's snake oil for suckers who keep hoping some complicated mix of chemistry and ritual will melt off the unwanted weight. The diet industry is booming still. Honestly, I think the substance itself is a homeopathic derivative (that alone should be a red flag) of horse urine or something. And people lose weight on it. Because they're EATING 500 CALORIES A DAY. I guess that phase is temporary but it's basically yet another way to avoid the simple math of weight loss with a worthless, expensive "trick."
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    it sounds like scary **** to me :sick:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Once you go off of it you still cant eat normally because it wrecks your metabolism. So you have to slowly raise your calories each week. It would be torture for me. lol I would rather do a workout and then eat some real food.