Does anyone do P90X?

Options
I just started doing P90X. This is tougher than I thought. Is anyone else doing it? I heard that some people have had some serious problems with hydration on this program.

Replies

• tnkhart
    tnkhart Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    P90X is a pretty serious program that you should already be in somewhat good shap to do. I'm not there yet so I started with Power90, which Tony Horton put out first. There are a ton of people here doing it by the way.
  • Beestly
    Beestly Posts: 4
    Options
    I did it for a short while to boost my fitness level for roller derby. I was warned that some people crash on it and to put in rest days if necessary. I did crash on it but when i put in the rest days it got better.

I really liked it and credit it for helping me get to a new level. The ab workouts are amazing. I drifted away from it as roller derby was so taxing. Now I do crossfit. I just do better working out with a leader and in a group, it helps with my motivation.

Crossfit is also intentionally short (but very hard) so you can do other sports. I couldn't do both P90X and roller derby, but hopefully i can do crossfit, we'll see as i just started.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm a P90Xer as well. Right now I'm in week 4 of phase 1. I do crash on occasion, but I think that's because I sometimes substitute the cardio workouts with another cardio program. (I'm not a fan of Kenpo X and sometimes I want to do different plyometrics, so I put in the INSANITY workouts instead.) Proper nutrition and proper hydration are definitely key when it comes to completing this program successfully. Are you following the diet plan/guidelines? I find the diet plan as laid out in the booklet to be a little tough for me to follow, so I've actually used the Team Beachbody Meal Plan tool. Those meals for me are much easier to make. Always make sure you're eating enough and drinking enough water. Having too little of one or the other...obviously will not allow your body to function at it's highest level.
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm a P90Xer as well. Right now I'm in week 4 of phase 1. I do crash on occasion, but I think that's because I sometimes substitute the cardio workouts with another cardio program. (I'm not a fan of Kenpo X and sometimes I want to do different plyometrics, so I put in the INSANITY workouts instead.) Proper nutrition and proper hydration are definitely key when it comes to completing this program successfully. Are you following the diet plan/guidelines? I find the diet plan as laid out in the booklet to be a little tough for me to follow, so I've actually used the Team Beachbody Meal Plan tool. Those meals for me are much easier to make. Always make sure you're eating enough and drinking enough water. Having too little of one or the other...obviously will not allow your body to function at it's highest level.

I'm not following the P90X meal plan. I've been running for a while now and I've gotten my nutrition down really well. Nutrition on P90X is very different then when just training to run. But I think I have it down. I'm still on week 1 but I had to skip Plyometrics. I really like how that one looks. But I had to substitute it with a different cardio. I'm paying more attention to hydration and electrolytes too. My plan is to stick with this for as long as possible.