Wow, careful when you are eating tuna

Options
I brought one of those small pouches to work of Starkist Albacore Tuna in water, so I was adding my mustard and stirring it and I saw something in there. I pulled out a bone that was at least an inch and a half long, curved and sharp!! I have never found a bone in the canned/ pouch tuna before.
Careful!! :frown:

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I brought one of those small pouches to work of Starkist Albacore Tuna in water, so I was adding my mustard and stirring it and I saw something in there. I pulled out a bone that was at least an inch and a half long, curved and sharp!! I have never found a bone in the canned/ pouch tuna before.
    Careful!! :frown:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Ew!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've had the same experience with canned salmon. I switched brands because one was cheaper, and after I opened the top, it freaked me out! It had like bones all in it, there were like vertebrae and all...I refer to it now as the "scary salmon" haha
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Cripes, be careful - never know what you'll get in those tins :ohwell:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ewwww! Always check fish!:noway:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Ewww, another great reason for me to not eat swimmers :wink:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I've had the same experience with canned salmon. I switched brands because one was cheaper, and after I opened the top, it freaked me out! It had like bones all in it, there were like vertebrae and all...I refer to it now as the "scary salmon" haha

You mean there is salmon that doesn't have the bones! My grandma always said they give you calcium. I don't know if that's true, but we alway eat them. The only thing we use salmon for is salmon patties and by the time I'm done mixing them up the bones are usually all crunched up.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Ewww, another great reason for me to not eat swimmers :wink:

This made me laugh!!! :laugh:
  • beckylynn
    Options
    You make your tuna with mustard??:noway:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Bones in salmon is not uncommon.
    I haven't run into it in tuna before though.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

You mean there is salmon that doesn't have the bones! My grandma always said they give you calcium. I don't know if that's true, but we alway eat them. The only thing we use salmon for is salmon patties and by the time I'm done mixing them up the bones are usually all crunched up.

The bones don't hurt...the canning process softens them up a lot. The bones and marrow are very nutritious.

I want salmon patties now, my Nanu used to make those and they were so tasty!!

Bones in tuna are uncommon, you might want to call the 'comment' line and tell them.