the downside of losing weight

Options
So recently I've shed some weight and while it's great, I'm learning a few of the downsides...right now.

I have an opera audition in an hour, and I've been practicing, I know my aria backwards and forwards, I have a cute characterization for my audition and my hair looks pretty....now I"m down to the last minute and I've realized that my clothes are all too big!!!

Usually I just mix and match my clothes and figure out what looks best based on clothes I already have- the whole point of having a wardrobe, right? Well, NOTHING FITS!!! I havent put on my performance clothes since last year, and look at me now, 2 sizes smaller and everything is falling off. I found a dress that I can jazz up with with belt to hold it together- but it's not exactly as professional as I like to present myself on stage, but it will do.

I guess now I'll have to start planning more until I can update my closet!

Although i enjoy my weight loss, it's making these situations VERY difficult. I have safety pins tacked up all over me...and that double sided tape...

oh lord, here i go! wish me luck!!

Replies

• LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    So recently I've shed some weight and while it's great, I'm learning a few of the downsides...right now.

I have an opera audition in an hour, and I've been practicing, I know my aria backwards and forwards, I have a cute characterization for my audition and my hair looks pretty....now I"m down to the last minute and I've realized that my clothes are all too big!!!

Usually I just mix and match my clothes and figure out what looks best based on clothes I already have- the whole point of having a wardrobe, right? Well, NOTHING FITS!!! I havent put on my performance clothes since last year, and look at me now, 2 sizes smaller and everything is falling off. I found a dress that I can jazz up with with belt to hold it together- but it's not exactly as professional as I like to present myself on stage, but it will do.

Although i enjoy my weight loss, it's making these situations VERY difficult. I have safety pins tacked up all over me...and that double sided tape...

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    If you're going to have a problem, having clothes that are too big is a good problem to have!

Good luck with the audition! Or is it break a leg?
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Good luck girl, you'll be fine :flowerforyou:
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Good Luck,

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that problem! :laugh: Good luck with the audition!:flowerforyou:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thats how I felt when I went for my jeans. They all look ridiculous but I have so many and hate to buy new again.

Feel ya!!

Alisha
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    There should be some sort of clothing exchange on MFP where we can all swap clothes. I refuse to buy any new clothes until I hit my goal weight so I'm borrowing a couple pair from my best friend right now. It is either that or go in public with my jeans around my ankles & no one wants that. LOL

Good luck at your audition! I've always admired those that chase their artistic dreams. :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Lucky for me the guys were I work could care less about what I'm wearing. They're all guys. If I worked with some gals it would be different.

Break a leg
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Clothes not fitting because they are too big doesn't seem like a problem to me ( i know it is when you have something to do) but thats great would you rather clothes not fit look at it that way--

Good luck with your audition
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel !!

right now i have 1 pair of jeans that fits. i wear the baggy ones when they are in the wash. i dont want to put money in new clothes since i have 24 lbs to go ... and money is hard to come by lately. but im saving money for when ill be able to buy a new wardrobe

top are not so bad since it doesnt matter is they are a little big...

im glad i stay at home most of the time... lol.. makes it easier !