Turbo Fire on e-bay?

Have any of you Turbo Fire fans bought this workout from e-bay? I am seeing "New in Box" sets on there for $45 and I am very tempted to buy it. I just want to make sure it is the real deal.

Thanks!

Replies

• Zeeeleee
    Zeeeleee Posts: 15 Member
    Not exactly answering your question, but I love Turbo Fire! There is also an entire community of TF people on beachbody.com
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Most of the ones on ebay that are extremely discounted and "new in box" are fakes. A lot of fakes do not include all the materials such as the nutrition or workout books, and some of the fakes have defective DVDs which you can not get replaced by Beachbody (they send you a free one if your isn't working right).

Not all of them on ebay are fakes, but the majority are since it is against company policy for coaches to sell on ebay...and they actively scan ebay daily looking for offenders (one of my friends discovered this personally, lol. When Beachbody found out, they took down her auction and suspended her as a coach).
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    i would read through the listing very carefully and see what the original in box should include. Then message the seller to verify .. also look at the ratings for the seller and what their return policy is. e-Bay is very good about making their customers happy and the seller has a lot of reasons to not get a negative review on the site (lower fees when they get good ratings). Pay through PayPAl and they also have buyer protection with e-bay (they own each other) ... and you should be fine. I'm a seller on there and let me tell you I would be shocked to find many scamer's left .. even with Paypal if you are a new seller they hold the money from the seller for 21 days until you put a positive review, or don't report a problem.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Yes, from all accounts, majority of BB sets or any other popular, expensive sets on ebay are fakes. You can read some horror stories on fitness forums (VF) when people that bought on ebay ended up with fakes. Do some digging into the seller, read the description very, very carefully and then decide if you still want to buy it. If you can afford it, buy it from BB or one of the BB coaches - you'll be better off and you'll know you have the real deal.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Yes, from all accounts, majority of BB sets or any other popular, expensive sets on ebay are fakes. You can read some horror stories on fitness forums (VF) when people that bought on ebay ended up with fakes. Do some digging into the seller, read the description very, very carefully and then decide if you still want to buy it. If you can afford it, buy it from BB or one of the BB coaches - you'll be better off and you'll know you have the real deal.

Exactly. When it comes to a program like TurboFire, you definitely need the booklets, nutrition and all of the DVDs to work properly to have optimum results. If it says "new in box" and it's being listed for only $45, my big ol' warning bell goes off that screams "IT'S A FAKE!" Now if it was someone's previously used set and it's just something they've "used, finished and now want to pass along," that's a different story, and screams less "fake" to me! But if you really want to try it, do it the right (and legal) way, and get it from a Beachbody Coach (there are tons on here who'd love to help you, like me!) Beachbody offers payment plans, excellent customer service and a full money-back guarantee. Plus, you can be sure you're getting a real, full product and you'll have access to an entire community of support. It's a little bit more money, but what you get in terms of support, customer service and guarantees....it's worth it!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    I just bit the bullet and purchased it from the website last Friday. I did choose the payment method so that it didn't take a big chunk of money at one time. I felt it was safer in the long run to get it straight from BB.

If you do get it, let me know if you want to be TF buddies! :smile: