New-ish, very down and could do with some support

Options
2»

Replies

• Velvetfusion
    Options
    Wow, thank you again so much everyone. The support here is incredible! I'm feeling really positive and determined this time, my self image sucks BUT I can change that...my ex can't change the fact that he is and always will be a tool lol!

Thanks again everyone!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi,

First of all.... good on you for kicking your ex to the kerb....!

Secondly, back in January when I started I was heavier than you.

I also gave up smoking back in 2006 after smoking for 20 years.... so here is a tip which may work for you...
    I kind of followed the Alan Carr method by setting a date to stop 6 weeks/2 months in the future. I smoked all the while up until that date, and psychlogically because I knew the date was approaching I ended up smoking more than normal. By the time, I reached the date I was actually happy to stop having to smoke. Used nicotine patches (which you can get on pescription on the NHS) for 4 weeks... and that was it....

Do this for you....!
    If you want, send me a friend request....
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I agree...You got rid of the excess baggage...you have reclaimed your SELF.

Now...you just need a plan.

I joined here 105 days ago. I decided this was it.

EVERY morning I log on...make a food plan for the day in my calorie range. Whatever I put on the plan is what I eat.

I also use the BLOG feature to write my daily intentions for success. I don't care if anyone reads it but me but it REINFORCES my plan.

Have a protein with each meal and plan your snacks too. You need to have snacks to keep satisfied.

THINK OF YOUR CALORIES like a "calorie budget" with just so much to SPEND each day.

Drink lots of water and within a couple of days WITH A ROUTINE you can depend on you will be on your way again.:happy:

If you want to add me too your support list please do.

I will encourage you...just make sure you like to be positively encouraged.

YOU CAN DO IT! :flowerforyou:
  • cairney4698
    cairney4698 Posts: 237
    Options
    Everyone has down days/weeks/months even!! so do not feel alone. The important thing is to ensure you bounce back from your current "down state" and get your enthusiasm back.

People who do not want to be there to support you when you have already made good progress are not worth having around for the journey.

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other on
  • MakeItHappenAnt
    Options
    good morning to you,

as cairney4698 mentioned, we all ahve bad days. i've had a few in my brief tenure here. the most importatnt thing is the resolve u show in response to those bad days. as far as the ex goes, he clearly didn't appreciate all of u if he can easily talk about your physique. think of how sweet it'll be when he sees the new u & his chin hits the ground & u still deny him the chance of getting back with you. u can do this & i'll be glad 2 befriend u in the process...stay strong & encouraged!
  • avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi it is really easy to loose track I lost 3 stone but I have put 9 pounds back on again. I need to loose 3 stone to gat to a healthy weight. Take it in stages. Small goals. Don't worry about your ex's comments. If he really felt that way he wouldn't be looking for you back. You can do it. I am here to help motivate you. Feel free to add me. Forget about the past and look to the future. A healthier, happier person.
  • Velvetfusion
    Options
    thank you everyone for the support :) am planning menus and sorting out a workout plan I can stick to, it can only get better!