Happiness

Options
Well, I have been sidelined for a while. Yesterday I had to go to the ER with severe back pain. A CAT scan showed I have a kidney stone that is waiting to come out. So they have me on pain meds, and I have been told no bicycling or running until this thing is gone. (Pain meds are precluding that activity anyway.) I will either pass the stone or they may have to "go get it". So I am essentially doped up, can't work, but I can surf the net a bit and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I am not down, however, because I know as soon as this situation changes, I will be back out there on the bike again. Heck fire, in my mind, I am already out there. Anyway, I found this quote just now I thought I would share. It's about happiness. I find it intriguing and motivating. Hope others like it, and can use it as much as I am right now:

"The great Western disease is, 'I'll be happy when... When I get the money. When I get a BMW. When I get this job.' Well, the reality is, you never get to when. The only way to find happiness is to understand that happiness is not out there. It's in here. And happiness is not next week. It's now." ~ Marshall Goldsmith

Replies

• Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Dear, for keeping your MFP friends in the loop!
  • bcbman
    bcbman Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are out for awhile. I know you will be back strong. I will try and keep the biking up for both of us (although a lot slower pace then you normally ride). Good luck and I hope you have a quick recovery.