More calories than I need!

Options
Hello - I have lost 22 lbs and have reached my goal weight (hurrah!). Now that I want to maintain my weight, the app says I've got 1690 to play with. The 'problem' is that I walk 60 mins a day (commuting - a fairly fast pace) plus do 30 mins of muscular structure work 3-4 times a week. This means that I have about 2100 calories a day to play with. I eat fairly well and don't want to change this by eating loads more sweets, carbs, fats etc. If I don't make my calorie allotment, will I continue to lose weight?

Seems like a nice problem to have, I know, but I'm curious! Thanks.

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Just play with it and see what works.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Add some nuts and healthy fats into your diet and that will help with increasing calories without adding unhealthy food into your diet.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    everyone is diff so i would try it for a couple weeks and tweak it the way you need to.
  • Doogywoogy
    Doogywoogy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know when you look at official charts it says that a healthy amount of calories for a woman to consume a day is about 2000, so i suppose it you stay around that amount you should be fine. I thinkits more about finding out how you own body works. If you continue to eat healthily I dont think you will gain, but if you do make some adjustments.

Well done on your loss!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I say get some protein bars :) They are made to give you calories without the bad stuff. Good Luck! Congrats on making it to your goal!
  • medrfs
    medrfs Posts: 3
    Options
    You bring up an interesting question that I have thought of as well! I am approaching my goal weight ( last 5 lbs has been difficult for some reason) and thought I prefer not to lose too much weight after reaching weight goal (funny to say that now!). But I think what may work, is after reaching your weight goal, which you've done already, is to daily weigh yourself. I mean religiously weigh yourself and this will give you an idea and be more aware what your weight for the day. Obviously if weight goes too low, you eat more and the reverse applies ,if you start to gain weight, to cut back on calories. Sounds simple, but knowing a little about how the body works (by profession), our bodies have a "baseline sensor", meaning our bodies will naturally stabilize itself. Good luck and congrats!
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Add some nuts and healthy fats into your diet and that will help with increasing calories without adding unhealthy food into your diet.

I agree, just a hand full of these types of things will help up your calorie quite a bit. Add avocado to salads/sandwiches and make sure you get a teaspoon of some kind healthy oil (olive, flax seed etc.)