New and not starting out so well : /

Options
2»

Replies

• fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    yes like everyone says, don't beat yourself up about it, move on.
    tomorrows a new day.

Planning is everything for me, always plan your menu the night before so you wake up in the morning knowing exactly what you are going to eat that day.
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The first few days of tracking your calorie intake are always eye openers. I have to log my food periodically throughout the day in order to make sure that I allot a proper number of calories for the evening. Otherwise, I will go over with dinner every time. I have also discovered which foods are going to fill me up (oatmeal, for example) and which ones are going to leave me hungry again in an hour. Another tip, is to eat foods that take a long time to eat. I can snack on a plate of fresh veggies and hummus for an hour and it only takes about 100 calories out of my total. We all have days where we go over. I took a rest day from exercise yesterday and went over by 157 or something. I don't sweat it. I am on the way to the gym now and today is a new day!! Feel free to add me as a friend as well. You are already making intentional decisions and that is so important. One of my favorite quotes - "You become successful the moment you take a step towards a worthwhile goal"
  • monalisa64
    monalisa64 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, I know you will enjoy your stay here. People are really nice and supportive. I would say the best thing is to take it slow. We didn't get this way over night so it will take some time for the change. It is a lifestyle change for sure. We all must crawl before we walk. I would like to help support you on your journey to a new you. Please feel free to add me if you like. Wishing you the best....