Diet pills?

Options
Ok Guys - I am only wanting to lose about 20 lbs and I have never used diet pills. I was wondering if they help? Do they work? Is it worth the money? I have been doing good with diet and exercise, but I have only been working at this for one week, and I have to go back to work Monday (which could be god or bad, I don't yet know) Please give me your input on the pills!
Thanks!

Replies

• cherakie67
    Options
    Ok Guys - I am only wanting to lose about 20 lbs and I have never used diet pills. I was wondering if they help? Do they work? Is it worth the money? I have been doing good with diet and exercise, but I have only been working at this for one week, and I have to go back to work Monday (which could be god or bad, I don't yet know) Please give me your input on the pills!
    Thanks!
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    i dont believe diet pills work. it was lack of diet and exercise that put it on and only true hard work can take it off. as for going back to work try planning you day. i mean plan all your food for the day that way when it comes to snack time or meal time you wont be tempted to cheat because it is all preportioned and prepared for you.good luck
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    What happens after you stop taking the pills?? The only way to lose weight is to make a lifestyle change.
    PILLS DON"T WORK-there is a post on that. I will try to pull it for you.
    Renee
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    What happens after you stop taking the pills?? The only way to lose weight is to make a lifestyle change.
    Renee
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Renee

Exactly.
  • dvdivine_2006
    Options
    I was taking powethins for about a month, I lost 30 lbs, they do work and I wasnt abusing them, one two pills per day.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Cherakie67,
    They are correct about what happens after you stop taking them. Many of the pills on the market today work as a fat blocker (Alli is probably the most popular right now). If you take the time to read the side-effects, they disgusting. The FDA banned all the ephedrine products a few years ago because of the life-threatening side-effects. They worked to speed up your metabolism, loosing weight as a result. The problem with anything claiming to boost your metabolism is that once you increase it artificially, your natural metabolism will slow. Why work so hard if something is going to do it for me?

When you stop taking the product, your are now depending on YOUR metabolism agian, only it's slower than before! Think you had a hard time with your diet before? Think of just how much more you would have to work to compensate!

Others are appetite suppresants. Some of these can be addicting, and typcially nurtition is very poor because individuals think that since they are only consuming 1000 cal, they can eat whatever they want. That's only the tip of the iceberg. But I hope you can see that you need to do some research before buying into a product.

If you can stick it out for at least a month, you are exercising and watching your caloric intake, you will be pleasantly surprised. This site works by increasing your awarness & education. The support here is unlike anyother. :smooched: You are surrounded by people with different goals and experiences, so if you ask, odds are you'll find someone with that in common!

You can do it all on your own (wiht MFPs help of course) so give it a chance! :flowerforyou:
  • jessjess
    Options
    I've taken SOOO MANY different diet pills since I was 15 years old......almost 15 years later...here I am, still trying to drop pounds.

Now I'm not taking ANY diet pills, just a multivitamin, and watching what I eat and working-out, and the pounds are melting off. Best of all - I feel so great! When I took diet pills I felt jittery or nauseated and would have instant energy - but would crash in a matter of hours and felt like crap.

I do NOT recommend you taking any diet pills. Waste of money.

Lose those few pounds the healthy way. You'll be so proud of yourself and will feel great.