Office treats!!! Arrrrrghhhhhh

Options
Hello everyone, I have been on MFP for a few months but am new to the forums...I was faithfully recording my food and exercise and didn't realise you lot were all here!

Someone has just bought in two big bags of really yummy chocolates (Cadbury's Nibbles...YUM) into our office and I really want some! I thought posting on here (for the first time!) might make me able to resist!

I'm sipping at a pint of water to try and distract myself but it isn't quite the same.......! :-)

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    As long as eating a piece fits into your daily intake and macros it's fine. One piece isn't going to kill you. :)
  • FatGirlSlim89
    Options
    Yeah it's fine to have a little bit, that way it will stop the office 'food pushers' from bothering you, and won't affect you too much!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel, i am sitting in my office, as i type, staring at a tray of white chocolate chip cupcakes... sooo good, but i don't need it. and it will NOT be within my calories for the day :) haha
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    As long as eating a piece fits into your daily intake and macros it's fine. One piece isn't going to kill you. :)

unless you have an addictive personality and then it's like pringles. . . once you pop, you can't stop
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, but only take that one piece if you know you have the willpower to just that that ONE piece. You need to know yourself and what you can and can't do. I know I have to stay away from some things because it's just too hard for me to have just ONE of something, potato chips mainly.

Otherwise, just avoid where they are until they are all scarferd up. Believe me, they probably won't be around for too too long.
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Keep some teats you can have on hand....skinny cow, 1 tablespoon chocolate chips, trail mix. Maybe these would satisfy better than water. I will be in the ame boat next month when school inservice starts back, they provide donuts in the morning and chips and candy throughout the day. Will really teat me on whether I really want to stay on track or just play at it.
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

unless you have an addictive personality and then it's like pringles. . . once you pop, you can't stop

Mmmmmm. Pringles. Gets me everytime!!!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    In those situations I usually like to find out how many calories it will be and then work out how much extra exercise I will have to do to be able to have it.

After I do that I usually find that I don't want it! Easy to resist then!
  • CDBrookins
    Options
    I gain more calories that way....I try to keep myself as far away from the desks with treats as I possibly can....Have to keep focus on the goal, which is why I keep an unflattering picture of myself in view as much as possible....:-)
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Keep some teats you can have on hand....skinny cow, 1 tablespoon chocolate chips, trail mix. Maybe these would satisfy better than water. I will be in the ame boat next month when school inservice starts back, they provide donuts in the morning and chips and candy throughout the day. Will really teat me on whether I really want to stay on track or just play at it.
    I think you might have a boob fetish. :tongue:
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

agree - i know once i pop i can't stop lol. i would just say no. you'll feel stronger after wards knowing you did it!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options

i agree, eveybody where i work knows , i don't always have treats that are going round, i have my own treats !
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    I know just how frustrating and stressful even that can be.

My boss will generally order pizza, with soda pop and the smell fills our very small office.

I usually just excuse myself and go for a 10 minute walk or something to clear my mind and take the food out of the equation.

For me I know I have to avoid those items all together, otherwise I cave and eat more than just one piece.

Stay strong and hold on to your willpower and motivation. You are doing awesome!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Take two. Eat one. Put the other under your computer monitor or somewhere else in plain sight on your desk.

Enjoy the one you eat.

Keep the other one as a trophy. It isn't calling your name. It is reminding you that you don't need to eat it.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It's not even honest chocolate. It's cheap crap. The company takes the good stuff out and substitutes cheap sugars etc... Unless somebody brings in good german or swiss, fair trade chocolate, with real sugar, milk and cocoa - don't bother. The only people who benefit are the directors of the comapany:wink:
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    One piece isn't going to hurt you.
    Do your colleagues know what you are doing? Sometimes it's the worst thing letting everyone know because you either get smart comments if you do decide to treat yourself or they sabotage you by bringing in sweet chocolately things every day!
    I'm lucky now that I work on my own so no outside temptation, I can only eat what I bring into work with me :smile:
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    :indifferent: One piece isn't going to kill you. :)

Wrong! Especially for a food addict like me. I would avoid it like the plague simply because I know that I could never have just one.
    Keep drinking your water and may I suggest that you purchase some healthy snacks and keep them in your desk or workstation.
    I have trail mix with raisins, cheerios & almonds at all times. Best of luck to you :bigsmile:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    My office is the worst for snacks. People are always baking and bringing in cakes, cookies, etc. and then there is leftover meeting food (muffins, bagels, sometimes sandwiches, more cookies) almost daily. I think that is where I trained myself to be super strong willed. Only once in a while if I deem the calories "worth it" will I partake.
  • leaw24
    leaw24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it!

Right now all of the bosses are coming back from their summer holidays and bringing treats for everyone from where they went - Switzerland (chocolate), Greek (pastry sweets), Turkish (turkish delight)... absolute hell. Plus we have a general rule of bringing in the cakes on birthdays.. argh!

Generally I tell myself I'm allowed to have one at 4pm. Usually the pigs of the office have already scoffed the lot by that point, or they've shrivelled up after spending a day under our office lighting and they look completely unappealing anyway..!!
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem at work. My boss keeps bringing in huge bags of candies from Sam's Club! I keep dark chocolate hershey's kisses in my desk to distract me from the bad candy. They are 20 calories a piece, so you can have 1 or 2 and feel satisfied without feeling guilty :) Plus dark chocolate is filled with antioxidants!