Lose 10lbs in August Challenge

Options

Replies

• farrellb2
    farrellb2 Posts: 120
    Options
    so ready! This is just in time, school starts back up and my blue jeans from last school year dont fit as well as they should this year, maybe I can lose 10 lbs and they'll fit me better (I was 10 lbs lighter at the beginning of the last semester-January)
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Go Team Purple! I'm so excited!
  • Shan80
    Shan80 Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm totally in!! This will be my first MFP challenge!! I NEED the motivation!! yay!

Will send my pm to Sommer Jo first thing in the morning - that's when I am weighing in!
  • GypsyRose25
    Options
    Have sent my details to tiffypooh2u or at least I think I have sent it to the right person. My only worry is remembering to send the information on the right days. Do the team captains send reminders at all??? Hopefully I will remember.

Looking forward to the challenge. Should make losing weight even more fun

I will post up a comment as my status so that it will be on the news feed when you sign on on Friday mornings! :glasses:

I'm still waiting to be friended by tiffy.

She is on a cruise this week, so Team Blue's information will be slightly delayed. But she has most of our starting weights, and she'll get to you when she is back home.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Sent my info to Sommer. Amazing number of people signed up! WOOHOO!
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Lets kick some boootay! Go Team Red!!! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for making this challenge! :D It looks like fun and will give me more motivation to actually lose the weight haha. Let's go team red!!!!! We can do it!!!! :DDD
  • sakwari
    sakwari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SWEET31
    SWEET31 Posts: 40
    Options
    Im in again :)
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    bump
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Let's keep each other motivated!
  • start_on_monday
    Options
    Bump
  • twiniemily
    Options
    Where do I see the purple team spreadsheet?
  • Selin4
    Selin4 Posts: 15
    Options
    Forgot to add in my starting weight which is 184lb
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 246lbs and im ready to shed it. Ugh! Lol
  • darlynnwd
    Options
    Today is day 1! SOOO excited about this challenge! :) Go BLUE!
  • twiniemily
    Options
    I think it will be a good idea to start 3 new topic's - 1 for each team - so we can chat amongst our fellow team members, offer support advice etc?

Would the team captains need to start these up?
  • kerimonster
    Options
    I think it will be a good idea to start 3 new topic's - 1 for each team - so we can chat amongst our fellow team members, offer support advice etc?

Would the team captains need to start these up?

Great idea...Love it!!!
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Go Red! Sending my friend request now!
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!!!!

Trying to keep up with posts -- some of the questions I've seen ....

Where's the Blue Team Leader?? she's on a cruise -- she'll be back in a couple of days and she'll get thru everyone's requests and messages and have everything posted for us!!

Seperate forums -- this is a great idea. And you don't need to wait on one of us to do it -- but I would ask that you post a link to the forums for each teams so people here know where to go to hang out with their team. And so we don't have a million purple team forums going lol.

The Purple Team's spreadsheet -- was posted a few pages back. I don't know how to do the google spreadsheet -- so look for the SUPER LONG post. I still have new members to add -- and some weights to update since some people have been kickin some booty over the weekend!!! I'll get to those after work since the spreadsheet is on the computer at home :)

:drinker: AND NOW........DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!!! THIS WEEK'S MINI CHALLENGE!!!!:drinker:

This is for all team members...RED, BLUE, and PURPLE.....

This week -- we are challenging you to BURN AN EXTRA 500 CALORIES/DAY!!!! :noway: We don't care how you do it -- walking, running, cleaning, or dancing -- what ever you do. The way we understand the calorie deficit here is that it's set up to lose weight without exercise.

We want to bump that up a notch -- THIS IS A CHALLENGE RIGHT???!!! :bigsmile:

If we burn 500 calories a day = 3,500 calories per week -- that's gonna = 1 lb. :love:

Use your HRM -- your machines -- or the data base of exercises to calculate your calories burned. You don't have to burn them all at once -- although I've heard it's recommended that 30 straight minutes of exercise per day is good for you :)

This is on your honor -- we're not going to troll your exercise diaries to make sure you do it. :glasses: But I want to guys to report with your weights on Friday -- the total number of calories you burned for the week. Your exercise diary will help you calculate that :)

Thanks to everyone for participating -- I can't wait to see what Friday brings for all of us.

Best of luck to RED AND BLUE
    But we all know that
    PURPLE RULES!!!!!

(lol go easy on me guys - it's Monday morning lol)