My bet with my husband...

Options
DGSki
DGSki Posts: 71 Member
I LOVED going to the gym but since moving to a new house and out of the city to the country the gym isn't going to happen (especially since we prepaid our year at the old gym). I have been down these past few months because of my weight. I have been trying to do things around to house to stay in shape, like videos, walking, and riding my bike around the neighborhood, whatever I can. I know you can lose weight at home without going to the gym but I love the elliptical so much and that has been my savior in the past, I can just get on that sucker and go no problem!!

Well..... My husband noticed me trying to eat healthier and workout and that I've been down. (He knows me so well) Anyhoo, we made a bet that the first to lose 30 lbs and maintain for a month will get a prize. If I win I get an elliptical and if he wins he gets a new enclosed trailer. Now... we both could lose some weight, probably more that 30 but that’s a start.

My predicament, I want to win so bad and I've lost 4 lbs since the bet started and him probably nothing, should I just continue to lose secretly and when I lose my weight be like WOO HOO let’s get an elliptical, or should I play fair and remind him of the bet? I could be a good wife and tell him about my lethal weapon MFP and then we can lose together and be healthy together... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!! I could get my elliptical then he could work out too, so it’s a win win situation... LOL Need some input here! Anyone else every make a bet with a friend or family member that you would like to share?

Replies

• voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'd kick his butt for a bit and then give in :)

Just keep in mind that boys tend to lose faster than girls:(
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    i would win the bet first then show him MFP. by that point he will be convinced of how effective it is
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    A bet's a bet...........no reminder needed. Kick his asss.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I also made a bet with my husband if i get to 170 he gives me 400 Coach purse. But i told him i'd rather get the money buy me a $100 purse and spend the rest buying shoes and a couple of outfits :)
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    All's fair in love and war...this war!! He knows about the bet! But, I would probably remind him just by talking trash!!
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you tell him about MFP and how motivating and helpful it is for you, he'll join as well. You'll be encouraging each other. Then maybe he'll decide he really WOULD prefer an elliptical instead of a trailer and you could work towards it together. Like, "When we both reach 30 lbs. lost, we can get an elliptical machine."
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I agree...I would get a nice head start since men tend to lose faster than women. Go get your elliptical girl! Good for you and an awesome reward! :bigsmile:
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Let him slack for a couple weeks, then gently remind him, quietly, from the other side of the shower curtain... then a couple weeks later, softly remind him while he drops off to sleep... then when you have gotten to your goal, you can ask him outright how well he's been doing! ;-) That gives him the month that you are maintaining... ;-)

He likely DOES want the trailer, and will attempt to lose some weight, but he more likely wants you fit and healthy to be there with him a long long time!

I say go for it and play dirty!!! ;-D

With Friendship and Warmth from Missouri!

Sonia
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You can casually mention it if you want, but he's a big boy. If he forgot about the bet, that's his problem! As long as he follows through with the elliptical when he loses!
  • DGSki
    DGSki Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Let him slack for a couple weeks, then gently remind him, quietly, from the other side of the shower curtain... then a couple weeks later, softly remind him while he drops off to sleep... then when you have gotten to your goal, you can ask him outright how well he's been doing! ;-) That gives him the month that you are maintaining... ;-)

He likely DOES want the trailer, and will attempt to lose some weight, but he more likely wants you fit and healthy to be there with him a long long time!

I say go for it and play dirty!!! ;-D

With Friendship and Warmth from Missouri!

Sonia

HAHAHA I think I am going to take your advice!! Too hilarious!!!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    A bet's a bet...........no reminder needed. Kick his asss.

Pretty much what I was gonna say.