Too failed work out partners

Options
Im not going to say i hate, because its such a strong word, but i seriously dislike work out partners who start out motivated for about the first two weeks and then disappear rite when u get into a steady routine. Ok :devil: maybe i do push u a little and your muscles are sore and u can't step off a curb without your legs giving out or curl a glass of water to your lips without tearing up but BOO HOO!!!:cry: , thats the name of the game. I told u to stretch and eat more protein and potassium. Hell i bought them for u. Im hurting too. SUCK IT UP!!! Your the one's who come to me and say i want to get big, i want to have a thick chest, big arms, built bulky shoulders and a wide back. I'm tired of having undefined chicken legs. I told u what is was going to be like and u said I've worked out before and i'm prepared. Your lack of dedication is not only hurting u but its hurting me and my gains also. Instead of having someone there to push and spot me. Im having to do half reps and lay the weight on the racks now, instead of having that little extra ever so slightest touch to get those forced reps. That one or two reps could mean the difference between adding strength or staying where your at for the next work out. Just for your information, the next time i see u and u shake my hand like nothings wrong, i am going to squeeze your hand until u drop to your knees and a tear comes to your eyes. U should have stuck it out, it might not have hurt as bad. Oh well:ohwell: maybe i'll find some one who is not a wuss and has heart and dedication, someone who will suck it up and stick it out. Well until I see u again, hope u have a good day no wait piss off.:wink:

Replies

• nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    Im not going to say i hate, because its such a strong word, but i seriously dislike work out partners who start out motivated for about the first two weeks and then disappear rite when u get into a steady routine. Ok :devil: maybe i do push u a little and your muscles are sore and u can't step off a curb without your legs giving out or curl a glass of water to your lips without tearing up but BOO HOO!!!:cry: , thats the name of the game. I told u to stretch and eat more protein and potassium. Hell i bought them for u. Im hurting too. SUCK IT UP!!! Your the one's who come to me and say i want to get big, i want to have a thick chest, big arms, built bulky shoulders and a wide back. I'm tired of having undefined chicken legs. I told u what is was going to be like and u said I've worked out before and i'm prepared. Your lack of dedication is not only hurting u but its hurting me and my gains also. Instead of having someone there to push and spot me. Im having to do half reps and lay the weight on the racks now, instead of having that little extra ever so slightest touch to get those forced reps. That one or two reps could mean the difference between adding strength or staying where your at for the next work out. Just for your information, the next time i see u and u shake my hand like nothings wrong, i am going to squeeze your hand until u drop to your knees and a tear comes to your eyes. U should have stuck it out, it might not have hurt as bad. Oh well:ohwell: maybe i'll find some one who is not a wuss and has heart and dedication, someone who will suck it up and stick it out. Well until I see u again, hope u have a good day no wait piss off.:wink:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Someone had their feeling hurt!! It's so true though.... I have an awsome workout partner and without her, I wouldn't even try!! So, the trick is to find the one that works. I think I have had about 12 workout partners, before I found the one that works! So keep looking!
  • HEALTHJUNKIE
    Options
    I can relate! I gave up a long time ago in looking. My friends get all "motivated" for all of about a week and eat right and work out only to buy mounds of chocolate the next day and totally sabotage their efforts....then when they don't lose, they quit. They tell me all the time how "lucky" I am to be thin.....lucky my *kitten*, it takes work! I am still not to my goal weight, but I'll never get there by just sitting around....that much is for sure :-). Hope you find someone reliable soon!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Yup, dealing with an unmotivated workout partner who flakes out on me all the time now. Makes it tough to motivate myself to go to the gym :frown:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options

When I first started working out, there were 4 of us. There was a statistic that said only one in 4 people who starts working out stays with it. That was oh, so accurate! I am lucky, because I like to work hard and push myself. But, honestly, some of the excuses were soooo lame! Now, I just do my thing. Of the other 3 (and this was in 1995), one has passed away, two are obese with major health issues...and I'm hanging in there....