Quotes to Live By

Options
mandeiko
mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
I am a huge fan of awesome quotes, so let's share the ones that have pushed us to keep on going!!

"One reason many people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."
-- My all time favorite. I have this posted on the fridge. :)

Some others--

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind." -- Unknown author

"Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow." --Doug Firebaugh

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." -- Chinese Proverb

Replies

• KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants and a burning desire to possess it.
    -- Napoleon Hill
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    "You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there"

(just realized after I posted this it's also my signature line...lol)
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."
    --Dr. Seuss
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards" - unknown

"He who forgives ends the quarrel" - African proverb

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers

"I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" - Thoreau

"For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up." - Ecclesiastes 4:10

"An imagination is a powerful tool. It can tint memories of the past, shade perceptions of the present, or paint pictures of the future so vivid it can entice.. or terrify, all depending on how we conduct ourselves today" - Jim Davis

"It's nice to be important but it's important to be nice" - anon

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" - Dumbledore

"Women are like tea bags, you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    "Opportunity dances with those who are already on the dance floor."

"When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done."

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."
  • fcsoccer
    fcsoccer Posts: 2
    Options
    "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” - Reinhold Niebuhr
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    2 quotes I'm reposting here from a new MFP buddy's wall:

“Fitness – If it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.” ~Cher

“Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic.” ~Anonymous
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. - Unknown

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is. - Ellen Degeneres

Not a quote, but it's good:
    http://www.nomorebacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/I-Dont-Want-To-Workout-Today-Women-Version.pdf?64255
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Your inbox has just been destroyed :)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" -Eleanor Roosevelt

The one that's kept me going my entire life.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
    "Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it." ~ Lou Holtz
    "It takes who you were and where you've been to make you the person you are today."
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    "Pain is just fear leaving the body." Jillian Michaels?
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.

But my contribution is the quote in my signature. :)
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. - Unknown

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is. - Ellen Degeneres

Not a quote, but it's good:
    http://www.nomorebacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/I-Dont-Want-To-Workout-Today-Women-Version.pdf?64255

This is hilarious! :-)
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    If God brought me to it...He'll bring me through it! :heart:
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    "Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens" - Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • fcsoccer
    fcsoccer Posts: 2
    Options
    "It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think that you're not." - Unknown.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated

When the student is ready the teacher appears- Buddhist proverb

Ink to paper is thoughtful, ink to flesh hardcore, if Shakespeare were a tattooist we'd appreciate body art more- Carrie Latet
  • Zelsawaf
    Zelsawaf Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle - But you can't win much either."
    - Rounders

"There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path."
    - The Matrix

"Either get busy living or get busy dying."
    - Shawshank Redemption

"Not all treasure is silver and gold."
    - Capt. Jack Sparrow

"The only rules that really matters are these: What a man do and what he can't."
    - Capt. Jack
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    "Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. ~Edward Stanley"