A target "size"?

Replies

• age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    6 years ago, I left an abusive relationship. I got up to 204lbs while in that relationship, due to depression, hiding in my bedroom, eating, and crying all the time. I isolated myself and never left the house. I was scared. I eventually got the courage to get a UHaul and move myself out while he was away at a football game. Despite his threats of hurting me and my family if I left, I figured I would die if I stayed. (this was after he held a shotgun up and pointed it at me)...Anywho, I wont get into that...I guess I was just summarizing what situation lead to me being overweight. At that time I was in a 14-16 and sometimes 18(but I never bought those just cuz they were 18's...I just looked for a different brand :laugh: ), I lost 35 lbs on my own over 5 years(yes verrrrry sloooooowly, but on my own). Just by living happily again and slowing down on the junk food and cutting out soda.

When I started MFP I was in a 12-14 (sometimes 10 if I found the stretchy jeans :laugh: ), I'm now down into an 8-10 and I'd like to be down to 6-8. And ummmmmm that's my story :bigsmile: :smooched: :drinker:

It couldn't be easy to stand up for yourself and leave. I wish all women out there would be able to save themselves like that. I'm proud of you:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I'm an 10 now... I'd like to be a 6 or an 8. :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    I'm 5'7" & started in an 18 & I'm wearing a 12 comfortably now. I though t12 was my goal size when I started, but since I'm still 16# away from my goal weight, I'm looking forward to that 10!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    6 years ago, I left an abusive relationship. I got up to 204lbs while in that relationship, due to depression, hiding in my bedroom, eating, and crying all the time. I isolated myself and never left the house. I was scared. I eventually got the courage to get a UHaul and move myself out while he was away at a football game. Despite his threats of hurting me and my family if I left, I figured I would die if I stayed. (this was after he held a shotgun up and pointed it at me)...Anywho, I wont get into that...I guess I was just summarizing what situation lead to me being overweight. At that time I was in a 14-16 and sometimes 18(but I never bought those just cuz they were 18's...I just looked for a different brand :laugh: ), I lost 35 lbs on my own over 5 years(yes verrrrry sloooooowly, but on my own). Just by living happily again and slowing down on the junk food and cutting out soda.

When I started MFP I was in a 12-14 (sometimes 10 if I found the stretchy jeans :laugh: ), I'm now down into an 8-10 and I'd like to be down to 6-8. And ummmmmm that's my story :bigsmile: :smooched: :drinker:

It couldn't be easy to stand up for yourself and leave. I wish all women out there would be able to save themselves like that. I'm proud of you:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:

No it's not easy but its the best thing I ever did :drinker: Thanks :flowerforyou: And it made me stronger...by going through it and by coming out on top. What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger. I had to hide out in a hotel for a couple weeks and then I got my own place and all was well. He didn't carry through with his threats. He actually quit drinking after I left and hasn't touched alcohol to this day and has married. So I guess the situation helped him to better himself too. Which is great. I knew he was a good person deep down but just had a lot of issues. So it worked out great for all:drinker:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member

SENDING YOU A BIG HUG ((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))
    and i wubs you....:flowerforyou:

Awwwwwww thanks......right back atcha 11_2_104.gif
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I am thinking a 12 - I was an 8/10 in high school...We'll see......
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I want to buy a 'little black dress' and then go out with my husband and know that he is grinning because his wife is hot :laugh:

I even have the dress picked out

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3003406?refsid=228431&refcat=0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6014133&SourceID=1&SlotID=1&origin=related

zoomRegionRectangle.png

LOVE IT!

Dress is very cute! Chubbybunny I love this picture!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I want to buy a 'little black dress' and then go out with my husband and know that he is grinning because his wife is hot :laugh:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3003406?refsid=228431&refcat=0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6014133&SourceID=1&SlotID=1&origin=related

zoomRegionRectangle.png

LOVE IT!

Wow! You're fast.... I didn't think the pic showed up.... so I changed it....:laugh:
    That is from the person who wanted a "little black dress"
    It'll look awesome on her!!!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    I would love to be a 7/8, would settle for a 9/10. I wear a 12 right now (brand depending), it's loose in the seat and legs, but still fits on the waste. I'm hoping my tummy will really start to shrink now that every thing else has. In high school I was a 3, but I was waaay to thin for my frame.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

I've lost 30 pounds since joining this site and reached my goal in May
    Initially I wanted to loose only 15 pounds and be a size 8...
    BUT I guess my body found it's happy place, because I continued ot loose after upping cals and have maintained since May
    I'm a size 4 or 6 depending...

Kim
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member

zoomRegionRectangle.png

LOVE IT!

Wow! You're fast.... I didn't think the pic showed up.... so I changed it....:laugh:
    That is from the person who wanted a "little black dress"
    It'll look awesome on her!!!!

I am glad you liked the dress - was not sure the link was going to work but could not figure out how to paste the actual picture. I recently took a pair of size 12 jeans into the dressing room with my thinking - oh yeah ranae dream on. Imagine the grin on my face as I walked out of the dressing room with them on and my 14 year old said and I quote here "dang mom those are hot on you!" LOL 12 is not my goal but considering I started at size 24 a 12 certainly does make you grin. The black dress will have to wait a few sizes, it will be my present to myself when I make my goal. I am working down to 145 (am 187 now) so will have to see what size 145 brings me to but sure am looking forward to it!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    I want my arm to look like arms instead of legs!
  • I am currently in a 3 and that's okay with me. That is where I wanted to be since that was the size I had been all throughout my late 30's and early 40's, actually up until about 2 years ago. I still have some weight to lose and more firming up to do so I'm not sure if I will go any lower in size.

If at all possible can someone explain to me how a 2 in misses is too big for me but a 3 in juniors fits right? :noway: I am so confused about that.
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102

If at all possible can someone explain to me how a 2 in misses is too big for me but a 3 in juniors fits right? :noway: I am so confused about that.

I can explain it...juniors sizes are cut smaller than misses sizes...so yes a 2 in misses could be bigger than a 3 in juniors...highly messed up...I know...:noway:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    OK fess up... do you have a target size? Or is there a particular thing you want to wear that will prove to yourself that "you made it"??

my first goal was to be a 10 I am a 10/12 now but my new goal is an 8 once I get there who knows if i will be satisfied
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    8-10 for me....I'm happy when I can wear a 10 but an 8 would be awesome! I'm in a 12 now!
  • TheNettis
    TheNettis Posts: 22 Member
    I would love to be a size 9. Im tall and I wanna keep ma curves :tongue:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member

I did this too except in way bigger sizes. I tried on 17 in juniors To small but 16 in misses and way to big hum?
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    used to be an 18, now a 14 i will for sure be at least a 12 soon. hopefully finish off being a 10. but im not sure

10 ........ i cant ever remember being below 14 . so 10 is like :noway: to me !!!

not sure though
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!